Ask Us Anything [Within Reason]

Can you recommend a good stout and/or chocolate stout?

@Logan,
Will we see an update to your Linux log? Also, are there videos in the works for application recommendations in linux (things like the best music players)?

@Pistol,
In an earlier video Logan said you were interested in switching to linux, will you do any videos or make posts about your streaming setup in linux? Also, how are you going to combat the lesser availability of games in linux, being a streamer and all?

Both,
If you had to choose a game to be your only playable option for a year, what game would you choose?

5 Likes
 Alright so, hey this might be a strange one, but I'd be glad to hear any input from you guys. I'm a current high-school senior who is definitely going to college. I'm planning on majoring in Computer Science. Blah blah blah, I'm kind a of a young kid asking advice *cliche*... but then again I'm not. I'm curious to hear about any college experiences that you guys might have had, anything really, field related or not. Any advice if you guys want to throw it at me. I'm also kind of leaving this open to anyone on the forums here. I'm just kind of interested what anyone who is experienced in the field might have to throw out there. Thanks in advance, and if it makes it on the show, You have a glorious beard Logan.
1 Like

How come Pistol never goes with you to conventions or travel across the globe? Is it because she has to take care Umbra or does she not want to go outside. :PP

2 Likes

I posted this in the inbox forum a while back before the patreon thing was announced so I apologize if not relevant any longer. Copy pasted below...
I know you guys already have a lot of channels and a lot of content that keeps you busy, but I had an idea that I thought would be a good fit for this community as a whole. A channel dedicated to educating and informing the audience about all the Corporate, Political, and Net Neutrality stories.

Yea, all that stuff gets covered already on a weekly basis on the The Tek, but I'm thinking something more similar to Linus's Tekquickie channel, except about Net Neutrality and things we can do to fight the good fight. Short, sweet, informative videos that cuts right to the point and teaches the viewer the core issues and what they can do about it. I know what Linus would say "SOOoooo, Logan decided to take a play out of the ol' Linus book an..." ... actually no one cares what he thinks really, and these topics are important.

I also know that for the time being the FCC seems to be on our side, but we all know the fight never ends and we have to stay on our toes... all the more reason this channel could become important. I'm a big believer in the open free internet and that it is simultaneously our greatest weapon, and the greatest educational tool ever invented.

This is just an idea for the future, I know hands are full but maybe some day when Tek Syndicate is a little closer to world domination.

tl;dr

A channel dedicated to teaching people about corporate corruption, Net Neutrality, and how to fight for it. Cover the stories "TechQuickie" format style as they come out.

1 Like
 Oh and @Logan, or anyone at the Tek, have you ever considered blacksmithing as a hobby?
2 Likes

I have a question for both of you. How old were you when you first got into metal and what was the band, song, or album that got you into it (if you remember)?
Glad to see Inbox.exe back as well :)

1 Like

Do you guys, always wear socks?

It's very bohemian to not wear socks with your shoes you know. Also, I have very dirty feet!

What games have you been playing, and what music have you been listening to lately?

1 Like

@Logan No question just a request for more threats to subscribe and such, please?

1 Like

What part of the world do you live in?

When are you guys going to form a justice league of US tech reviewers? Just ya know gathering up all the gang like jayz, paul, kyle, barnaclease and the like and making one big channel for all the content? Everyone has their specialty and it'd give you guys more time to focus on educating people on linux and more political things.

By combining your resources you guys could do a lot to higher editors and possibly forge a studio somewhere, especially now that a lot of you guys are on the west coast. I mean you need someone to battle the evil and vicious linus media group, just look at them, they're Canadian for Christ's sake! and that's just as bad as not being American.

I mean I suppose there's some small tiny little insignificant logistics to overcome and the like, but I'd imagine more of a union situation would happen eventually.

Though I'm sure there's some conflicting styles and personalities to overcome as well.

4 Likes

I'm gonna +1 this, I had mentioned somthing like this a while back but heard nothing.

Call it, The State of the Tek

St. Louis

Is he asking Logan or Pistol?

2 Likes

It's a 4chan thing.

Let's say Logan. It's impossible to imagine a kid with a beard lol.

@Pistol Why did you go with an all AMD system a while back? (not sure if you still have that setup).

Is it the same reason as Qain where he thinks intel is full of assholes? (I don't disagree).

Also is your sona a coon because coons are adorable.

1: Does TEK SYNDICATE plan on coming to Columbus, Ohio to do a report on the nations second M.L.G. e-Sports arena?

2: If so, can I buy you a beer?

3: Do you want said beer at 16 bit Bar + Arcade, Level One Bar + Arcade, or Old North Arcade?