Ask ASUS! JJ is here for some videos and to answer your questions

Plans for 13"-14" gaming laptop when new generation of hardware arrives? For people who are constantly on the move a small, compact gaming grade laptop would be sweet. Current ROG-laptops are too big for my taste, I got rid of my gaming laptop and replaced it with MacBook Air when I was doing lot of work on the road just because of the compact excellence.

Hey JJ and the whole teksyndicate team,

Two month ago I bought the most beautiful looking and impressiv mainboard, the z87 maximus formula VI. I was close to buy a new cpu (4770K) when the news came out about the upcoming Haswell refresh CPUs. I´am especially interested in the new "K" devil´s canyon CPUs (the 4790K). Is there any chance, for example a bios update, the new devil´s canyon CPUs will work on my z87 maximus formula VI? Or do I have to upgrade to a Z97 board to use for example a 4790K? And if so, what are the differences CPU wise between Z87 and Z97 (power/electric)? And finally if I hade to upgrade, are there any news about a Z97 maximus formula VII (release/price)? :)

Greetings Fabian from Germany

Can you boot from the m.2 slots on the new Z97 motherboards?

Welcome back JJ! Just have a couple more questions for you this time.

1. What can you tell us about upcoming 4k monitors from Asus in the near future? Other size displays in the works? Other panel types?

2.  What would you think if I sang out of tune, would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song, and I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends.
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends.
Mm, going to try with a little help from my friends.

Will ASUS be releasing a microATX LGA2011-13 motherboard such as an "ASUS Rampage V Gene"?

Hello JJ and Logan.

1. Asus Maximus VII Gene
  2. Asus Maximus VII Ranger?
  3. Asus Maximus VII Hero

No Formula or Extreme? What is that all about? haha

Can you tell us more about the Ranger?

Also i would like to know more about the audio, are there any improvements made by that? since its the same alc-1150 chip as on the Z87 boards. any software improvements?

Honnestly i have to admit, that i have tons of question's, basicly i wanne know all ins and outs from the new boards. ☺

Hey JJ!!! Will asus make a new ROG Maximus VII Impact z97? also will there be a bios update to bring haswell refresh compatibly to my ROG Impact? 

Will we be seeing support for thunderbolt GPUs from ASUS or is this more of a lower tier market to ASUS?

Hi JJ,

A few questions about Asus products:

1. Is thereany chance Asus is looking into higher resolution (1440p,4k) 21:9 monitors?

2. I'm probably reaching but is there anything you can tell us about any upcoming G-Sync monitors in higher resolutions?

3. Any chance of any custom colors on future gpus/motherboards?

4. Will there be any Asus water blocks in the future for Direct cu II graphics cards?

A question for JJ, Logan, and Wendel:

What fictional story or character do you most identify with and why?

Thanks JJ and Tek Syndicate ^_^

JJ, 

Asus make some fantastic products. But your after sales customer service is terrible. Particularly your Pegatron arm. When I'd Asus planning to fix this?

Thanks

Barrel

Hey JJ, what will asus have to offer mini ITX wise? I always buy asus motherboards and was wondering what one i should get next :)

lolwut. I use 1366x768 on my laptop, and it's fine. I have had zero issues with the resolution.

lolwut, that merger happened years ago, lol

Is it true the RoG Maximus Ranger will only be available out side of North America? If so, why? A mid range RoG board will sell amazingly here stateside...why skip the U.S. entirely...

Hi JJ.  Asus is my go to brand on the AM3+ platform.  Will we see anymore love from you guys on it.  Like more motherboards, espeacially with different form factors thats a big one!  

Also, why can't the 990fx Sabertooth have some thermal armour love!  Come on now!

And also here is one thing I've always wanted to see.  Customizable color schemes for motherboards!  It would just add a whole different level of Personalization!  I know it would be a bit more expensive, but for the people who would be really interested in this, I don't think they would mind a price premium. For example, I could go to the Asus website, select for example a Z87 WS motherboard.  And if I wanted a black or a white PCB, I could get it.  If I wanted red or purple heat sinks, I could throw that in.  If I wanted green or yellow DIMM slots, I could get that option.  If that isn't option, may making the same board with a variety of different heatsink colors would be nice.  Just for the overly ODD people like me who freak out over color scheme. 

Thanks for doing this JJ and Logan, really appreciate the community involvement!  

About AM3+ well this is a thing. I would realy love to see a Crosshair V Formula Z Refresh, with the new ALC1150 audio codec with headphone amp, new intel lan chip, and a M-2 sata slot. And some other feutures like wifi and bluetooth would be nice.

But since AMD did not announced much about the future of AM3+ i think this will not gonne happen lol ☺

The thing i realy like about the new Z97 boards is that Asus finaly get rid of the crappy realtek lan chips, on most boards, only the lowerend budget board still has the 8111 realtek chip. On my Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 the realtek lan chip latency is terrible.

Agreed, I would love to see a 990FX Sabertooth Refresh as well.  With some of the features you listed above, Thermal Armour (I don't know why I like it so much?) and PCIe 3.0.  I know they have a GEN 3.0 sabertooth, but where is it? http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FXGEN3_R20/

Is there any planning for a black edition rampage 4 gene? LGA 2011 mATX is so hard to find.. I found only two motherboards.. The R4G and the asrock one (that doesn't fit my planning because of PCI).. I don't want red in my system and a black edition would be just perfect!

JJ,

I wish to know two things

1: will we see anything new on the x99 platform. IE: DDR 4 upgrades, and lower power as well as, better ways to monitor your overclocks??

and... 2: what do you think of Logan's beard? 

Yes, 9 series chipset on mATX is much needed..