ARM Laptop: Pinebook Pro: A72, 14" IPS 1080p, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, m.2 NVMe, USB-C

It seems pretty decent. I haven’t really gone at it, but it seems to be at least 6 hours with mixed usage. At idle the big.LITTLE setup really shines, I could probably have 12 hours or more with something just running.

you logged into root. No sound in root nor any acceleration.

Use rock/rock instead.

Also, I suggest you use Ubuntu with KDE: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8119

2 Likes

Yeah, I realized my mistake the next day. Everything was much smoother after switching to the correct account!

I’m currently waiting on a microSD card to test out other Linux distros. I’ve never used Chromium so I figured I’d try it for a little bit. And if Manjaro comes out with with a Pinebook Pro variant I’ll probably go that route.

I’ll be making a review thread on this forum at a later date once I’ve used it some more.

Sure. A Manjaro preview should be out next week. A trackpad / keyboard firmware fix will hopefully be available early next week.

2 Likes

@Luke_PINE64 Awesome, thanks for the info! Aside from a couple small kinks this thing is basically perfect.

I pumped out a review on my unit if anybody wants my thoughts on it:

2 Likes

Cheers for the review!

I very nearly bought one of these a couple of months ago, but didn’t purely due to other things i was throwing money at.

Very keen to hear long term use comments…

Thanks for the review and feedback! … as well as the shoutout :wink:

3 Likes

Hey, haven’t seen anything further on this, did this happen? Would love to see a L1 impression / teardown of the PBP. @wendell

Sending this from my PBP, love this device @Luke_PINE64, you guys really nailed this product. Thank you!

1 Like

I sent Wendell a PM about sending L1T mine, but I never heard back.

I don’t know for sure since I don’t use it, but by the sounds of the news you will have a better chance of messaging him on twitter.