Aremis rips apart his truck

Yes, you really could use one for this job. The ball joint I was trying to get off I had to hit the pickle fork so hard the end of it was mushrooming out.

That. lol

Since you have an air chisel these should get the job done.

Also the “short axle” it’s called a CV axle. Short axle might not be wrong, I’ve just never heard it called that. You don’t need to remove it, but it looks like you might have already.

I which I would have read through this post when I first saw it.

Also, I think your Blazer is very nice looking, I really like the painted grill.

Edit: You could go borrow a pickle fork from AutoZone. It’s something they do, I’m not saying buy something use it then return it. Lol

2 Likes

Did do, got nothing for it.

kappa

My dad found me one you whack with a hammer. Apparently we have no air head for a PF and I don’t really feel like buying any more than the parts that I need x3

I have not but I am in the process of it.

Its just going to be easier on me atp since I’ve never done this before. Might as well learn how shit goes together.

thanks yall

1 Like

That should be fine. Make sure it’s clearing all the various metal bits in there. I hit mine a few times before I realized the tip of the fork was hitting part of the lower control arm.

Nah its all open air in there. Pop the tie rod off, can get the SA out, can get the knuckle off, can take the control arm off.

I’m honestly just fucking excited that I have the possibility of getting this done today or tomorrow.

If you have all the parts, putting it back together shouldn’t take long at all. I’ll try to watch this thread as I’m working to see if I can help out in any way, if you end up having anymore questions, but getting the lower control arm out is definitely the hardest part, so the rest should be smooth sailing.

The way I get the tie rod end out is to hit the knuckle surrounding the tie rod end with a 2-3lb hammer. A couple good hard sharp raps will usually knock it loose. First thing is to loosen the nut but leave it on to protect the threads in case you miss where you’re supposed to hit. In your second pic directly below the shank of the screwdriver handle is where to hit. The hammer blow seems to slightly deform the tapered hole or maybe its the vibration. This works on any tapered bolt and hole all the way up to 5ton trucks…personal experience.

3 Likes

Fuck you

5 Likes

i know the feeling man.

1 Like

That was a big pain for me as well. Now I hope it goes back together as easy as it did for me, which was a pic of cake for mine.

1 Like

I don’t have any pictures on hand, but the part is in and we’re moving along. Whole tie rod needs to be replaced but I’ll do that in a week or two. Its fine for now.

Need to bolt that back in, then the disc brake assembly and then the wheel.

Had to take the tortion bar assembly apart though. Something in the back, either the key or something else, knocked out of place upon disassembly. But thats sorta patched now.

Pivots are in, most of the cotter pins are set up and done, just minor shit now. You really can see where the other a arm get jacked around.

Pics later maybe, I feel crummy today.

2 Likes

Get well soon!

Asbestos dust, it should pass :slight_smile:

So this is where I’m at now. I unfortunately broke the tie rod bushings. I didn’t know 3: so I’ll have a new tie rod as well as sway bar stabilizers.

For now I’m told its fine to drive on but will need replacement asap. No doubt.

Also, it rained yesterday. I was going to finish yesterday but the barn flooded literally as soon as I walked in.

Thanks spirits, ya dicks.

Tie rod bolt doesn’t want to stay still either when putting it back together. Cotter pin is on gr8 but the inside bolt won’t have it. I’ve been at it with an air ratchet and picklefork trying to get it to bind but I get one little lead then nothing.

Blech.

Also concern

Should this be sandwhiched all the way down on the shock? Its as tight as I can get it by hand and came super wide open. It doesn’t grab the bushing tho.

3 Likes

The shock mounting is fine. There is no need to squeeze the bushing.

4 Likes

Update: I need to replace the wheel bearing now :expressionless: thread continues!

1 Like

That’s unfortunate, but fortunately it’s a very easy job.

I cheeped out and went with a cheep one off Amazon, and the reviews were right about the ABS sensor not working, but I figured I could just swap in my sensor, but that didn’t work either, so if you care about dashboard lights spend those extra bucks on one from your parts store.

Don’t get this one. It’s the garbage one I got. Lol

1 Like

My parents are going to buy it as a present and payment for farm work.

A good delco part probs.

2 Likes

At least it looks pretty.

3 Likes

Nice Bewt

1 Like

Thanks dad

2 Likes