Apple wins $1 billion award in patent case

this makes me sad  :(

heres the link to the article

http://money.msn.com/stock-broker-guided/latest.aspx?post=1366ca47-af91-4370-992b-6b6313199d1d

Very sad day for samsung. Apple is a patent bully.

I'll bet you $1 billion that all those jurors were 18 year old liberal arts majors. (If you don't understand, I'm saying they're hipster, apple fanboys.)

Will be appealed and appealed again, may even make it to the supreme court where hopefully apple gets told to shut up.

or just uneducated?

the 1 billion dollar rectangle wow

Apple will probably lose the case against Google, then Samsung will appeal, and Apple will probably lose again.

Fucking apple..

"We are grateful to the jury for their service and for investing the time to listen to our story and we were thrilled to be able to finally tell it. The mountain of evidence presented during the trail showed that Samsung’s copying went far deeper than even we knew. The lawsuits between Apple and Samsung were about much more than patents or money. They were about values. At Apple, we value originality and innovation and pour our lives into making the best products on earth. We make these products to delight our customers, not for our competitors to flagrantly copy. We applaud the court for finding Samsung’s behavior willful and for sending a loud and clear message that stealing isn’t right." 

Apple's statement.......LOL

I also love what they're suing over. Rubber banding (From what I can gather) is just "in 2D computer graphics, anchoring a line segment at one end and moving the other end". You have a patent on shit that's been in computer software for years, and years? Jesus Apple. Also, Tap-to-zoom has been in plenty of products before Apple, yet they have a patent on that?

It almost seems like Apple calls up the US patent office, gets al the stuff that is patented relating to their products, picks and chooses what hasn't been patented, and throws a patent claim on it. It's gettnig riduclous.

so apple still hasnt grown up and learned about the importance of sharing... what a douchebag

With the evidence apple had (they showed Samsung phones that were released after the iPhone) it was obvious samsung wanted to look like Apple, but the fact they were able to patent a shape is ridiculous. Why was this dispute even in the court in the first place?

The case should have been thrown out. This type of patent bullying and over abuse of the court system should be illegal, but it isn't. Apple is going to kill the market at the rate this crap is happening. Makes you wonder about what's going to happen to Google...

wow, never buying an apple product again

And The Verge is now partyrockng with Apple fanboys celebrating the victory. Sorry if that offends but, yeah

Apple invented rectangles? orly?

and dont forget the rounded edges :P

Makes you wounder if apple is just straight paying people off.

i have never purchased an Apple product and i shure as s#t wont start now. i say we start burning the stuff! *throws wifes ipod nano in the fireplace*

Apple invented rounded edges? orly?

See what I am saying?

(btw I know you're being sarcastic. :P)