Apparently Steam has a new tool that shows you how much you've spent on your account

Pretty much the title; according to pcgamer.se, Steam just released a new tool that shows you how much you’ve spent during the lifetime of your steam account. Mix of regret and pride on my part at least when viewing the results…

4 Likes

I’ll pass. I don’t think anything would make be stop gaming faster than seeing I’ve spent $30,000 on video games :grin:

I wonder if this will be a slap in the face or an achievement for some? :joy:

I remember SteamGague used to give you a rough total, but didn’t account properly for the price at time of purchase, so was often skewed by depreciated prices and/or sales.

It did do a pretty good job of showing how little time one actually spent playing some AAA games that had been brought at full retail, and kinda showed which publisher offered good bang-for-buck value

1 Like

Ahh yeet

Screenshot%20from%202018-06-19%2009-21-35

Do I have a problem?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Damn, my addiction started in 2009 with the Orange box… I don’t have a problem…

1 Like

I voted yes even though that’s not all that bad:
SteemSpeend

2 Likes

Yeah, mine started with Orange Box too… Would be interesting to see average price paid per game, i’ve mostly bought games during sales, got around 200 games on the account

2 Likes

Same, mostly during sales, 246 games(+16 in Software) on steam. Thing is this isn’t counting the games on GOG…

I’m just shy of $850.

Lower than I thought I’d be.

@SmiskaFisk If you log into the steampowered store, you can navigate to the purchase history.
It seems to go all the way back…
Not sure about average tho… (median or mean) might have to graph that yourself

Not as bad as I thought

1 Like

$1654.55, not too bad really.

What’s truly scary is that Amazon has the same info available. That’s… more.

$5,876.56 since Orange Box. Lower than I thought it would be. I would probably add another thousand for external-to-Steam games.

I would really like a graph of my spending decrease in recent years as job related and going outside interests increased.

1 Like

Divorce lawyers have just found a new tool to help calculate alimony…
FTFY :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t even stick out here, around $2100,- is what it shows me.
No idea how they convert that from Euros.
383 titles, 354 linux native.

1 Like

Only 373 dollars. Not that bad.

Honestly think I’ve gotten my money’s worth over the years.

1815 Euro’s.

12 years, $34.00, 49 games. 4 from the steam store, one gift, the rest retail or complimentary. The retail ones were mostly free.

3 Likes

1 Like

Neat $227