Aorus Master x570 Perfect UEFI Settings

@JLR
First thing is the screen shot you are seeing above, in @insane78 's post, look at the tab - those are all scores from Geekbench v4. You ran using Geekbench v5. you can’t compare between different versions as the testing and scoring changed between versions. Your scores do not look bad your single core is right up there - multi is OK an in line with your configuration. Here is a run from my 3900x on aorus x570 master: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/1010957

Important to note is that I am running 32GB RAM @3800 (1900 MHz) Yours is 16GB @3600 (1800MHz). My infinity fabric is also 1900 - I suspect yours is at 1800. So, that will account for a little bit of the difference between our scores and also any differences in drive speeds can as well. I am using PCIe Gen 4 its a little quicker on the read writes - not sure what you are using. Either way don’t let it worry you your system looks fine.

So, how can you rate it for your self - well you could download and run Geekbench v4 and compare results with those posted above OR BETTER/EASIER - You could also just use the geekbench browser - When you are at the URL for your score click on the geekbench 5 dropdown menu at the top. You will see all kinds of options to search/browse results. Hit the dropdown and select “Search Results” In the search bar type in this “Aorus x570 Master 3900X” (without the quotes) whoohoo! now you can browse just the results for your mobo and cpu combo and see where you fit. Another tip say you see some score and they are still looking better than yours and you are wondering WTF - You can click on the System hyperlink in the result and you can take a look at their specs - Things to look for that can account for variances are the CPU frequency. If the set say an all core OC you will see something for example like Base Frequency 4.30 GHz - if they are running with stock or PBO it will report base frequency 3.80 GHz
Also look Under Memory information - Check size 32768 MB = 32GB , 65536 MB = 64GB, and 16384 MB= 16GB - as examples - also check what frequency they are running Remember RAM is DDR that stands for Double Data Rate - so if you see 1800 they are running at 3600, you see 1900 they are running at 3800 etc etc.

My point is don’t get all excited because someones score is better or worse - you want to try to compare to systems as close to your config as possible.

OK too much info more than you asked - Still I hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi @Delta9K,
Ahhh I didn’t notice that it was performed on Geekbench v4, my bad :grimacing:. I’m really new to AMD (always used Intel) so this is a whole new world to me :grinning: but Im glad to see my scores are good. Yes, my infinity fabric is set to 1766.5 as the guide recommended trying just below 3533Mhz, so that’s what I ran with.

I am using PCIe Gen 3 ( 1x ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 1 x Samsung 970 EVO Plus) so as you say that could account for the difference also. Thanks for confirming my system looks fine, that’s a big relief!

It occurred to me that even though I put the above settings in I didn’t actually do any overclocking, I assume this can be done either Ryzen Master or the UEFI.

Don’t worry about providing too much info, it has been a massive help :+1:

1 Like

Good deal. Yes, you can try some overclocking if you’d like but honestly letting the CPU rock on its own is best in my opinion. If you do decide to tweak the CPU OC I also suggest use the UEFI vs Ryzen Master. Again, just my opinion.

What I would do first before messing with CPU OC is set your RAMs up to 3600 and set the infinity fabric to 1800 - or … enable the XMP profille. The guide is showing what’s safe — what seems to be most easy to accomplish by the majority. I have not seen very many 3900x that can’t do 1800 IF. Its when you start pushing for the 1900 where some aren’t able to reach it. That kit you got is rated for 3600 16-16-16-36 , it is Samsung Bdie, it be a shame to not at least try running it there. If you try running at 3600/1800 and it doesn’t work you can always go back to where you were.

1 Like

This is my score with nothing touched in bios except xmp enabled and F4 bios… Seems to be right up there with everyone else.

3 Likes

Ok.

I swapped out my GSkill Ram for some Crucial Ballistix Elite (slightly tighter timings over the GSkill) and seen some slightly better scores over the last run

Geekbench V5

Geekbench V4

Pretty happy with that :grin:

1 Like

2 Likes

Way to rock those Masters!
You’re all looking good and more importantly, having some fun with Zen2.

1 Like

This thread was a very good read thank you guys ^^.
Im currently waiting for my aorus master. I uninstalled my trash msi pro carbon cause of stabilty and performance issues (worst VRMs for 250 Euros…) and send it back to msi…
While i wait, i started reading about how to improve 3900x performance. You guys gave me some good ideas i def. wanna try out.
But i wanted to ask, did anything change since u last wrote here? Would u recommend other ways to improve performance?
Also, did anyone try the custom power settings from “1usmus”, and maybe can tell me about his experience with it?
Cheers Guys ^^

1 Like

Hey WillDafo, welcome to the group.

I can’t speak for others but for myself, I have been running both systems 3950X and 3900X each on their own x570 Master with basically the same configuration since I last posted. Obviously I updated BIOS as they came out, with both now on the latest F11 but, other than updating some GPUs and adding additional drives, nothing much different - they are both rolling along nicely.
I did not mess with the custom power settings from 1usmus, I didn’t feel the need. I did use the DRAM calculator and settings recommended for each of the systems and their kit of ram but that’s it. For me that’s been the biggest bang - making sure your are running ram as fast as you can and still keep mclk, uclk, fclk synced 1:1:1 - I even bounced one system back down to its rated 3600:1800 by just enabling XMP and I’m happy. I’m sure it bench’s lower now, but as I sit at the keyboard I don’t notice. Once I have had my fun with a new system and decide to take it off the bench and move it into a chassis, I don’t mess around with much after that, and I just use them.

Enjoy that 3900X and Master - they make a great pair.

Thx @Delta9K ^^
System is up and running now. I went default bios with 3600mhz ram at 15 15 15 30 timings.
Geekbench gives me a single core score of 5950 and multicore is at 49200, so I’m happy ^^. Def. Runs a lot better and especially stable!!!
Did you play around with process lasso? I’m thinking about getting it and throw games on the best 4 to 6 cores on one ccd and let the others do the rest. I stream ocassionly so this would be very interesting to play around with.

No, haven’t tinkered with process lasso at all. Once I got the memory tweaked to run 3800 coupled and put my game library on gen 4 PCIe storage, I kinda left it at that. Those 2 items along with 12 cores is doing all I need for now on my game machine. I found that some of the titles i play, Train Simulator 2020 for one, got a bigger boost from moving off SATA SSD to the faster gen 4 storage than by adding a better GPU - probably due to all the scenery tiles it has to constantly load.
My 3950X system is well, just a daily driver that functions pretty much as my internet browser. A little overkill, but what the heck. So, no real need there to bind cores to specific apps.

I finally joined the 3900x and Aorus Master club this weekend.

So, am I doing this right?
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15492453

I speculate that my single core numbers being lower, than the earlier posted ones, is the difference between 3200Mhz RAM and 3600Mhz RAM.

Anyone recommend using the Dram Calculator still?

2 Likes

You look like you’re doing alright my friend.

The post with results right before you - you’ll see he’s running a 3950X so 4 more cores helped his score a bit plus he’s also working with 64GB at 3200 rams on that run. The cat before him is running a 3900x but his rams are at 3600 so that helped him some, but really not far off your 3200.
Will faster RAMS help your geekbench score, yes. Here is an example of my 3900x back when I was building it out This is running 32GB @ 3600 and this is same setup with a bit of an OC on the rams running @ 3800.

Looking at your report, the only thing that stands out (and this is nit picking) look at the sections for latency - you might be able to get those numbers down a bit by tightening up the ram timings some.

I am not a ram OC’r or even CPU OC’r other than some simple obvious tuning - stability is more important if it is going to be a daily use machine. I used the DRAM calculator on that 3600 kit clocked at 3800 and tightened up the secondary and tertiary timings - my latency reduced by a whopping (sarcasm) whole 2ns … Is it really noticeable at the keyboard, no but the numbers look better on a report.

x570 Master 3900X 3800CL16

My ultimate thought is, If you’re happy with your performance and the system is stable, I’d call her job well done and get busy loading up the software’s you want to run and enjoy those 12 cores!

Cheers for the info. :smiley:

I tried the Ram Calculator, and either my RAM kit was not happy with the timing the calculator selected, or I messed something up at 4AM while not sleeping, hmm maybe both. I did geekbench and improved my numbers, but memtest86 was a total wash, so back to the XMP timings for me and stability. I am using a QVL kit so I know those timings are solid.

Full Report

I’m not sure how much happier I could be with my system right now. This score is nuts.

Hey guys !

Thanks for this great tutorial Wendell ! I just tuned my BIOS based on it.
I was wondering :

• How can I check if my RAM is designed for T1 command rate ?
  • How can I check if F-CLOCK 1800 + RAM-CLOCK 3600 is impairing my PB ? (Would I see it in CineBench or another similar benchmark software ?)

Thanks !

Thib

PS : 31/07 - F21 BIOS out

Hi Guys/Girls. :smiley:

This will be my first post so please tread lightly. :slight_smile:

Bought the Gigabyte x570 Auros Master Rev 1.1 this week.
My first new PC in 16 years. Yes, its been that long!
I’m coming from K8n Neo Platinum with AMD 3200 Venice, dual boot XP/7, really old stuff.

Being so busy at work I called my PC friend who built me a system that would hopefully be a little future proof.

Gigabyte X570 Auros Master Rev 1.1
Ryzen 3700X
Corsair RM650W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold
InWin 303C Case in Black
Corsair H100X CPU AIO Water Cooler, 2 x 120mm Fans
Corsair 2x16Gb DDR 3600 Dual Channel CL18 (1T)
Gigabyte Aorus NGFF M2 1TB Gen 4x4 SSD
3 x 120mm Case Fans (2 bottom, 1 Back)

With this I am using my sons old Galax Geforce 970 until I buy something decent, maybe for XMas. This PC setup is already double the price of what I thought I would be spending.

Most tests here are with 3900 or 3959 CPU.
Noticed with Geekbench that the single core results of my 3700X are similar, its the multi-core score that is somewhat less.

Bios F30 is XMP enabled and SVM Mode Enabled, rest Auto.
Running Auto OC with Ryzen Master.

Watching the Ryzen Master screen, I found it incredible what the CPUs can do these days, coming from the technology I have been using for so long.
CPU Temps rarely exceeded 70C, Geekbench 5 stresses the CPU more than Geekbench 4. With Geekbench 4, the CPU will go up to around 64C but most of the time it ranges 35 to 50C. My 3700x idles 28 to 32C, early summer here, Cape Town, South Africa.

Amazed how quick the CPU temperatures move up and down with water cooling and how the motherboard compensates the speed of the fans accordingly, my first experience in that department.

Geekbench 4
Single 5981
Multi 36853

Geekbench 5
Single 1313
Multi 9254

@wendell are you still running fedora? is there a good widget for watching cpu temps and boost clocks? I’m running a 3700x on aorus elite wifi. Just switched from 4.3ghz all core oc to running PBO but I’m not getting the same performance. It’s a bit shy now. I can watch clocks with cat /proc/cpu… but I would like something fancy to watch on the desktop. With the temps, I always ran psensor on my debian stuff, but can’t get it to jive with fedora.

Also, do you have a list of what test you run when you do linux benchmarking?

Hi hi :smile:

Finally got my system rebuilt (had to disassemble everything due to fear of breakage during a move) and here’s my results - 3950x with PBO on, bios F22, XMP on at 3600 cl 16-16-16-16-38. Pretty sure this bios doesn’t like my sticks (two sets of gskill trident Z Neo, 2x8 3600) as it doesn’t seem to take the tighter timings I get from the dram calc (it goes to non-XMP values regardless of what I do) but I’m happy where my machine is.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15953838

Hey y’all, sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

Do you all still recommend setting cpu vcore to normal with AGESA 1.2.0.7 / newer AGESA versions?