Aorus Master x570 Perfect UEFI Settings

The last video of wendell (that speaking about cooler and thermals on ryzen) lmade me think a lot. Exactly like you, i’m using a liquid AIO cooler (masterliquid 360) and i assure you that i’m thinking that my cooler is not optimal for the 3900x. The ciplets position and their thermal behaviour is a lot different compared to intel processors or old gen ryzen cpus, so, maybe, for the zen2 is necessary to develop a new kind of header/pump for the cpu wich a bigger surface and a specific liquid path into it, maybe using more performing pump (or double pump… ).
Reading your temps, your values (with a 280mm) are better than mine’s, i’ would like temps like yours!!! :slight_smile:
Sorry for my english guys, i’m doing my best.

This is more or less perfect. Don’t mess with it. Its as good as it gets, and within 25mhz of max rated boost.

The temp difference is likely down to chiplet #2 being binned for 4.3ghz max.

Since they lowered max temp to 75c from 80c, and you’re bumping against that at 4.575, you’d have to enable pbo or do other overclocking to get it back.

Thank you for reading and the reply.
Well, I had at least one thing wrong in my head - I thought the max temp was lowered to 80c and there it would start limiting to @ 4400Mhz. Also, suppose I’ve answered the other question concerning Ryzen Master and this chip maxing ppt, tdc and edc underload. I don’t have PBO enabled and am hitting the default limits. I just don’t recall that happening with the 3800X on the same board or, I wasn’t looking for it. I’ll let it go and just enjoy it for a while.

I suppose by now everyone has seen that AMD has acknowledged an issue with the BIOS affecting boost performance and that they will be releasing new code to the vendors. Perhaps @ the 10th of this month. So, sooner or later we’ll all be updating and back to tweaking again anyway…

Amd just released this:

AMD is pleased with the strong momentum of 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors in the PC enthusiast and gaming communities. We closely monitor community feedback on our products and understand that some 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen users are reporting boost clock speeds below the expected processor boost frequency. While processor boost frequency is dependent on many variables including workload, system design, and cooling solution, we have closely reviewed the feedback from our customers and have identified an issue in our firmware that reduces boost frequency in some situations. We are in the process of preparing a BIOS update for our motherboard partners that addresses that issue and includes additional boost performance optimizations. We will provide an update on September 10 to the community regarding the availability of the BIOS

1 Like

For those guys that notice a constant CPU usage, i suggest to check the task manager to verify if the “Cortana” process is active and uses cpu and memory.
This is a bug in the lastest Microsoft update (Windows 10) and can be fixed (until MS don’t relase a official fix) editing the windows registry.

Set this key value to 1.
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
“BingSearchEnabled” = 1

Hope can be helpful

New BIOS F6

1 Like

I’m excited about AMD plan to give us tons of improvemenst in future

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/09/10/ryzen-community-update-bios-updates-for-boost-and-idle-plus-a-new-sdk

For the new ABBA beta bios, I do not have to make ANY changes to UEFI to observe boost clocks of 4650 on the 3900X on this motherboard.

DDR4 3600 kit – set XMP and that’s the only change I made. No need to set ‘Normal’ anymore.

WOOT!

Where can i get the ABBA beta for the x570 master? I would like to try it

EDIT: Here:
(somewhat sketchy mediafire link)

Mod Edit: Official now:
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

For those wanting to be sure they have the latest (officially supported) drivers, I suggest heading to the Gigabyte site: https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver

1 Like

Damn you, I swore I would never rock a BIOS named ABBA and now I’m tempted. Any news on ABBB, LOL!

1 Like

Seems I’m one of the lucky ones, with the ABBA bios (F7a) applied to Aorus Master. I too now get boost clocks of 4650 (was 4550) … so that’s a win :slight_smile: .

This with 32GB (2x16GB) Kingston HyperX Predator (Hynix CJR) 3600 RAM using using [fast preset] timings from “DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.6.2 by 1usmus”.

the extra ranks of memory also help with speeds/latency because… thats how it woks. :smiley:

The unlucky ones may be down to thermals or unlucky silicon. Or they might have a 3900x as concave as one of mine was:

Look only a tiny ring of thinly-spread thermal paste actually contacted the cpu lulz and/or wtf?

haha.

1 Like

Bios F7B is out

Hello @wendell

is your BIOS setup to stability performance daily use without overclocking ?
I’m just curious when I compare your Geekbench 44k score to @insane78 's score 49k

Just want to know what score shall I look for when BIOS will be set to stability daily use. I’m not looking into overclocking. Prefer the method “set it and forget it”

Hi,
i’m using my system all days about 10h a day (in my office).
I’m using F7B Bios with all default settings but XMP (36 - 3600mhz) , virtualization on, cool&quiet enabled and PBO enabled. Nothing else.
I’m using AMD Balanced profile, but i changed minimum cpu to 5%.
I’m switched from a coolermaster masterliquid 360 to alphacool eisbear extreme, and now my cpu is 30°c in idle and stay under 73°c in full load using cpuz stress test (all cores).
About frequencies i reached 4650mhz with core 0 and 4600mhz with core 1 during geekbench test.

Here my recent results:
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14670597

Here my idle situation:

Hope can be helpful

2 Likes

Hello @insane78

thank you for your quick answer. Yes, your info was really helpfull. Now I know what I might expect from my new pc. I’m still waiting for cpu to be delivered (ordered three weeks ago).

As soon as all pc parts will arrive, will put them together and will do some basic testing. I’m sure that I will contact you as I know that I will have milion questions how to setup PC correctly :wink: until than I’m going to do some more research so I can be more prepared.

You welcome,
for any kind of question, write down here in this thread or open a specific thread so all users can partecipate.
The 3900x + aorus master is really a beast!!!
Enjoy your next rig!!!

Yes, no overclocking and stable. The difference could be down to ram timings/xmp as this will make a big difference.

Insane78 is with PBO on where as mine was not. Total AMD stock, except for XMP. I think my memory kit is weaker than insane78s too from looking at the timings. I cannot recall if I used 16-18-18-36 kit or the 16-16-16-36 kit.

Hello @wendell

thank you so much for your quick answer. Yes, I’m looking for stable system and I do not plan to overclock it. If I can expect something between yours or insane78 score I will be more than happy. Mobo will be Master, memory G.Skill 32GB kit DDR4-3200 CL14-14-14-34, and cooler will be Noctua NH-D15.

As soon as parts arrive, will put them together and will report back with numbers.