Any other ThinkPad fans out there?

That's a highly subjective input device. Those that love it, love it; others hate it - hardly met anyone who is neutral when it comes to trackpad vs. trackpoint.

2 Likes

I'm actually pretty neutral since I use both at times on my T420. I prefer to use the trackpad for scrolling. what I don't like are the trackpad buttons. I try to lean my notebook on my laptop and those buttons keep getting pressed.

Amazing how preferences differ .. I, for example, love to scroll with the trackpoint.. so convenient to not move at all ;) I al so really love that I do not have to take my hands off the 10-finger typing position.

1 Like

The middle button is too uncomfortable to hold down. I'd definitely disable my trackpad if the middle button was more comfortable.

well.. for my hand size I just simply place my thumb down on it and let it rest on the button... no force required

def the new trackpad. its a great design now

I know for every Thinkpad i know of, you can switch then around in the BIOS. I have the fn key as the control, and control as the fn on my w520

ive got a t410 with all the extras inc 9 cell and slice batteries.
use a w420 at work but the t410's and t420's are almost my perfect laptop.

I'd love a modern 12" laptop with a massive battery and a backlit butterfly keyboard.

I used a X200 for the longest time, Now my sister has inherited it.

It's a newer model though, its pretty rock solid I think its a Thinkpad Yoga 14.

I'm pretty stoked at the moment. I just got hold of a X60s for free. My buddy had it lying around from his deceased borther. Installing Lubuntu as we speak. There's no battery though, and there is something wrong with the harddrive, the installer failed three times. Swapped the HDD and now it works. Might be wise to do a memtest too.

It's got an Intel core duo L2400 and 1GB DDR2 (2x512MB) and a US keyboard (or UK, I don't know atm actually).

Wish I would have known that. Too late now though I'm already used to it.