Anime Culture Club

Oh yeah, that’s super wholesome.

I don’t watch a lot, reading manga is a lot easier. In terms of list/show tracking, I prefer anilist and anicharts

Anilist is cool because I canreact to episodes/chapters in the list updates

When I do watch, I use MALsync

Takes a little more effort to setup, but once you set it, it auto updates your list trackers

1 Like

This was really good
https://anilist.co/manga/108900/Burn-the-House-Down/
A bit more on the drama side, but something outside of what I normally read.

The end was hella scrappy, but it’s really hard to say if it was rushed or if it was an unexpected twist

I’ve looked into trackers, but I just tend to keep to the same method I started in the 90s; a simple list where I add titles when I finish a series/ova/film :sweat_smile:
I do read some manga, but I just use bookmarks to keep track of where I was. And I don’t bother with keeping track of those at all.

The overview of what I’ve seen is more for myself and I don’t really share it or interact with others on them. I’ve never really been that interested in those things :thinking:

1 Like

There’s an interesting new show that is airing mid-season right now called Lupin Zero that is basically Lupin and Jigen as high schoolers, but the interesting part is that the art style is attempting to mimic the classic movies and it is probably the most successful example I have seen so far.

I couldn’t stop taking screenshots, so I had to force myself to stop. These were all from the first 10 minutes.

4 Likes

im with you with danmachi been driving me crazy how every other anime i watch is doing half a season then extended breaks like isekai oujisan, golden kamuy, attack on titan “final season”, ect. i only finally watched attack on titan because i thought it was actually finished with “final season part 2”

1 Like

Yeah… One of those I’m really interested in, but have been waiting for years (since '18) for them to finish is Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Hen. :persevere:
Just finish it already! :unamused:

1 Like

Lmao saw this in tachiyomi memes channel

3 Likes

Mannnn feels good to catch up on series. Due to how i configured my library/updates, I left out a large chunk that didn’t update. Still feels good though to clear a backlog though

Bro this dub is good

2 Likes

From

Yo I didn’t expect the outcome of Jack vs Hercules in chapters 21-29 of

Furthermore, I was expecting Jack to be a one dimensional character in power and character, but to my suprise, his backstoy got a lot of care and attention in 24-27.

If you like the diachotomy of Jonathan and Dio from Jojo’s part one, you’ll enjoy the Jack vs Hercules fight

This is pretty good. I was expecting a generic isekai, but the author has really outdone themselves with making a unique premise. The main character’s motivation of being a hero from the shadows is refreshing backstory. A lot of isekai stories have protaginists that are forced into a situation, while this has Cid has been yearning for a magic opportunity.
Starting chapter 48 we get to see what happened to earth while Cid was in the other world.
https://anilist.co/manga/106758/The-Eminence-in-Shadow/

2 Likes

https://anilist.co/manga/108251/Umarekawattemo-Mata-Watashi-to-Kekkon-Shitekuremasu-ka/
Amazing. Great balance of tragic and wholesome moments. The author probably could have gotten another 5-10 chapters for the modern era.

I wonder if demon slayer’s end was inspired by this

1 Like

A close friend of mine sent me his fanart for one of our favorite series.

2 Likes

Yo, Great Teacher Onizuka is awesome. I didn’t realize this is the source of some memes I’ve seen lol

1 Like

Description looked interesting, I’ll give it a read

its weird being the manga guy getting hype over a manga becoming an anime but here we are frieren is getting an anime!!!

2 Likes

I like Frieren I was waiting till more chapters came out so I am a bit behind but it was a good read. I am excited that they are getting an anime. Their is a bunch of manga that I read recently that got an anime adaptation which is nice.

1 Like

i dropped sword art online almost a decade ago now but recently found out that the two newest movies are back in anicrad the “good part” form the first half of the first season.

also this seasons zom 100 is pretty good brand new studio first ever anime

mc worked one of those death crunch hundreds of hours of overtime a month jobs where you get home half a dozen times a month so when the zombie apocalypse comes hes ecstatic he can finally be free. its such a weird take and they are doing some interesting things with it and it looks amazing.

3 Likes

SAO coming out with a movie from the “good part” of the storyline seems a bit… opportunistic. I enjoyed the story for what it was - even the later bits and GGO. But to go backwards seems weird. Not everyone can make the remake better than the original like FMA Brotherhood