Anime Culture Club

watched Trigun the other day

good stuff

3 Likes

Then you might like Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront), itā€™s from the same creator as Trigun.

2 Likes

Hinamatsuri
Gokushufudou
Sakamoto desu ga
Series that made me laugh really hard

5 Likes

Was nobody going to tell me we have el presidente in the acc?

Here are a few links that might help you out if your are trying to configure foobar. I use musicbee now as my main audio player but most of the things I do in it are pretty basic so I only got as far as customizing the color of music bee.

3 Likes

His videos are good, but I canā€™t really endorse him. Heā€™s a fellow weeb, alright, but in his last stream on Twitch on Wednesday he picked up his phone which had a topless (not sure if she was completely naked) loli as a wallpaper. And I mean definitely underaged girl. He tried to cover the nipples once or twice but it was only to not get flagged by Twitch for the nudity. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with putting a wallpaper of an (underaged) anime girl on your phone as long as sheā€™s not fucking NUDE or sexualized.

Anime and manga fans already have a somewhat bad reputation, especially when youā€™re a guy, because of all the lolicons.
Screw that shit.

Interesting I havenā€™t watched his new stuff in some time since I donā€™t currently need audio equipment and never watched his live streams.

I stopped watching his stuff before because he had a phase where he would constantly mention Pastahā€™s (dunno if sheā€™s legit his gf) social media and Patreon. Like, non stop. It was pretty annoying.

His audio gear videos are still on point (although I donā€™t understand those Sound Demo videos at all, it will sound differently for everyone). I bought the Tin T2 ($50) because he said theyā€™re basically the best bang for the buck and significant improvements start at $250 or so.

And he showed anime figures in his videos before. Not the NSFW stuff, just the regular Rem, Shinobu, etc. Cute stuff.

Granted, the way he sometimes talks about his desktop wallpapers isā€¦entry-level-cringe? But the straight up topless loli was new and I draw the line there.

If you want to see for yourself just go to his Twitch channel and go to 10:08 in the video thatā€™s called ā€œI sort Jelly Beansā€ or something like that. Not gonna link to it directly or make a screenshot causeā€¦yeah, loli nipples.

Thanks, I didnt know about these players so I want to check them out. That MusicBee looks pretty slick; are there any shenanigans in it like ads, tracking, etc. that you found?

1 Like

I never really dove into musicbee to much so I am not sure about tracking but I donā€™t get adds and I got a pretty clean look with minimal tweaking. At some point I will have to take the time to clean up my audio files so the cover art displays correctly but it works pretty well.

2 Likes

OK, thanks; Iā€™ll try it out! :slight_smile:

Nope.

It is closed source, but I can confirm there are definitely no ads and the developer seems like he doesnā€™t give half a shit about tracking.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Would you mind sharing your theme/layout?

I donā€™t have that specific install anymore, it got nuked when my laptop was setup for WFH and I donā€™t think I have the layout itself in my music backup :expressionless:

The theme is called Honeycomb Dark from v2.5 though.

2 Likes

Thx, much appreciated.

Me: ā€œAm I a joke to you?ā€

7 Likes

(sits here watching Sing Yesterday For Me)
I beg thee pardoon?

2 Likes

Iā€™m saving the rest of that for binging
I like getting all the feels at once

2 Likes

Im honestly adoring it right now, certain anime make me like, love, and get excited, but very few make me adore it whether its the art style or the feel of the characters. Iā€™ts definitely gonna be one of my favorites for all time.

4 Likes