Anime Culture Club

The law of equivalent exchange at its finest
1 Like

FML, I just found out the overlord LNs are only one LN ahead of the anime (will be 2 this month I think). In english at least, in japanese it’s like 4 ahead.

That’s when you start buying another series, and then another one, and another one…and so, the weeb spiral has begun.

7 Likes

Send pics of your weeb collection

Bit outdated, though.

4 Likes

Shit you’re nuts. Why are your overlord LNs white? Mine are black, also they look like they are paperback and not hardcover.

Cause they’re the mangas. Might get the LNs in the future but tbh I’m reading more manga than novels. Still haven’t touched the Monogatari series or Goblin Slayer LNs.

1 Like

Tbh I prefer LNs over manga

1 Like

I’d probably prefer them too but I kinda have a hard time concentrating with novels. But they’re ~18€/book here and I just missed the chance when they dipped down to ~13€ for the first 3 each. And I blew a bunch of money on Batman comics during that time, so…

btw, updated pic:

4 Likes

What happened to the monogatari series?

has anyone read these?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1626929076/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i4

They’re just in a cupboard above. I’m running out of space. Most of my books (novels) are in cupboards.

1 Like

Is that a lot?

18€ = ~$20 (VAT/tax included and converted with the current course). For hardcover it’s pretty standard…for new books. But the Overlord novels are all that expensive. Some occasionally dip down to 13-14€.
1-10 (with the last as a pre-order) would cost me 164,49€/$184.77 on Amazon.

Shit bro, they cost like $12-14 with the preorder one at $20 for me

The first spice and wolf LN is crazy cheap it’s like $5 for a paperback one

Hardcover are usually more expensive. Saved 50% on a detective novel cause I went paperback.
The Goblin Slayer LNs are paperback and ~12€.

For me paperback and hardcover are around the same price, like $10-12 for paperback sometimes a little more (from what I’ve seen on Amazon) and $12-14 for hardcover.

And then kindle shit is like $4-10

Yeah, I don’t touch that unless it’s some free promo thing. I’m mostly done paying for digital media and get the physical media instead. Forgot who but someone mentioned in the “Post what you recently acquired” thread that Amazon removed some of his ebooks. Even with local backups that’s annoying.
Takes longer to get what I want but I’m a collector, so it’s worth it for me.

And on top of that, for some reason the German manga is even cheaper (with comics it’s the other way round). But they sound stupid. Unlike with the anime Amazon actually sells the English manga too.
Goblin Slayer Vol.1 German = 7€
Goblin Slayer Vol.1 English = 12€

Dragonball/Z manga were 5,20€ per volume (except Nr.52, which was thicker and was €6,20 I believe).

1 Like

So I just realized something about the anime Black Lagoon. One of the assassins sent at the main characters is a middle aged blonde, and overweight man who uses a flame thrower and fire in general.

Hank Hill confirmed for black lagoon.

7 Likes

The manga, it’s alright