Anime Culture Club

I thought A place further than the Universe was great but geeze! it wasn’t that inspiring.

Not saying everyone that watches it is going to take take off on their own adventure, Gigguk is just talking about his personal connection to the series which obviously won’t apply to everyone. He has a point that if it was just Cute Girls doing Cute Things in the Antarctic it wouldn’t have been a noteworthy series.

2 Likes

I understand feeling empathetic about something in anime/manga but if you gotta use a show to flip your life-around, it’s time to take a break from anime and go outside for a bit.

1 Like

Looks like Massdrop is selling the mCable’s again. Thinking of picking this up because anime usually scales really well and cleanly (depending on the artstyle).

What do y’all think about these cables? Worth spending it on for anime?

Lol maybe that’s what some people feel when they watch it, I should go outside

The anime to feel inspired to go outside

(edit: I guess Yuri-camping did inspire me to go camping again)

2 Likes

Iirc Linus did a video on them, physical media I have is played from my PS3 which scales very well with the exception of a few dvds

1 Like

Yee, I’ve seen him review mCable’s before but apparently the one MD is selling is the 1st gen. model. So I’m not sure how much worse it compares to the newer ones (the ones Linus reviewed). I’m also curious if the upscaling would interfere with built-in upscalers in TV’s and creates an over processed image. Like this for example

Original

over-processed image

I see little to no difference

Look at the shading and text. It’s kinda messed up and have of weird swirls

Here’s another example. If you look that the vegetation and clouds in this one, it all kinda blurs together

1 Like

Ok I see it now, the first example is already so degraded lol

Yee, but characters themselves look even better than before. It usually becomes a mess when there’s fine detail involved.

oh ya that look totally like when you try to upscale a 500px picture with waifu2x (speak of personal experience)

@kat I ended up finishing Fuuka. I don’t understand why they have to rip couples apart, just to put them back together after everyone has accepted it. I’d say forget Fuuka and just stick with his childhood friend. They got along very well, and she was way more mature.

Honestly it wasn’t as bad as I expected, but it was still very meh. It probably had more to do with music than K-On haha (not sure why I felt like saying that).

Fuuka Spoiler

so now you understand what went wrong? lol THE NAME OF THE FUCKING STORY IS CALLED FUUKA… WHILE KILL HER OFF IN THE BEGINNING… then meets a new woman called Fuuka.

1 Like

Yup. I am glad I watched it though. It’ll probably help me appreciate quality anime even more.

1 Like

the anime is gud. it’s just there’s a tipping point where it get’s beyond levels of stupid. then has a happy end.

Suzuka is a perfect example of this. I believe it’s on Funimation

1 Like

I watched Suzuka a few years ago. I don’t remember much, but I can definitely recognize it’s vibe in Fuuka. IIRC Suzuka irritated me more often though.

cause Suzuka is a partial Tsundere.

Oh yeah, and it took her way longer to come around.