Anime Culture Club

OP bruh…

1 Like

I consider every thread like the lounge… never scroll up.

I consider it a solid 8.

1 Like

What?

I don’t know how to sort that website.

I give the manga / anime an 8 out of 10. it was extra gud last I read it.

I pay it 8 out of 10 RESPEKs

1 Like

That’s one of the anime series I’ve heard so much so the least I can do is to go and check it out.

Could someone explain to me what is the difference between Shoujo-ai and Yuri? I did some googling but err, there’s some conflicting info out there.

I assume shoujo-ai does not imply to this when talking about manga and anime:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shoujo_ai

1 Like

Not at all, Shoujo-ai literally means “girls love” and tends to be on the more Innocent side, while yuri will range from lightly innocent to down right smutty lesbian relationships.

3 Likes

Alright, thanks for clarifying this. :slight_smile:

First time I encountered Shoujo-ai was when I read Miss Kobayashi Dragon maid manga, and Shoujo-ai was listed as one of the genres. Googled what it means and the first explanation was that wiktionary I linked. Since I had already watched the anime my reaction was:

2 Likes

Decided to start Kekkai Sensen during lunch. Oh boy, they really drop you in without much explanation. Who? How? What? Why?
Then there’s this weird obsession with German names.
They use blood techniques? Is that a common thing or what?
There’s very little information given to the viewer which makes it hard to decide if you wanna keep watching or not.

Yeah… that wiktionary is awful.

Shoujo-ai means “girls love” and as Skelterz said is on the more innocent side of things for the most part. The most explicit ones I’ve seen have been in Citrus and Bloom Into You, but it can also be extremely wholesome like in Marimite where it’s more like a great bromance but with chicks.

Yuri is generally used when referring to hentai or really explicit depictions of lesbian relationships. It doesn’t “have” to be really explicit, but it’s usually not merely implied as it often is in Shoujo-ai. Also shows that have the “Yuri” tag in place of the “Shoujo-ai” tag are often of lower quality than their shoujo-ai counterparts.

4 Likes

That’s exactly why I stopped watching it, I’ll probably pick it back up eventually cus it wasn’t bad just so ducking confusing. I’ll probs need to watch some explanations once I finish it.

Yikes the second you see ducking you already know I’m on my iPhone lmao.

I just started watching it. But I don’t need longer than half an episode to chow down my lunch.

Mb fixed it. Lmao I hate phones so fucking much

Turn off auto-correct or get a phone that’s not crap.

It’s not autocorrect the u is next to i

and imo all phones are dog shit

@TeckMonster you feeling alright?

a little over half through goblin slayer… it’s a bit more gorey than most anime but other than that seems pretty par for the course. I will continue watching it as I am entertained.

2 Likes

Do you need 10 minutes of café exposition to understand, leo is confused for a new recruit to a secret organization that protects HellSalems lot

Forget Leo, I’m confused nibba

No, I mean the overall situation. It feels kinda lackluster even for a first episode.

1 Like