Anime Culture Club

Mb, when I think of actual merchandise and Funimation I think of ridiculously over priced merch, which in turn makes me think it’s a greedy company and that they’d do shit like that.

But now that I look at the store I see a bunch of normal priced shit, so I guess yall just like some crazy expensive shit that has a few extra goodies than the normal shit.

If you’re referring to expensive crap sold at hot topic sure, besides the actual show Funimatiom does little to no merchandise at lot of it is imported from japan hence the greater expense.

Yall trying to buy a single blue ray for a couple hundred bucks (are they like special edition or some shit?) and I’m lookin on their site and they have the same shit for like $40.

Wtf are you talking about

1 Like

What? Who does that? And what anime would that even be?

Bakemonogatari, Overlord, etc are all ~80€ here but that’s for a whole season. And yes, anime shows are usually more expensive than House MD, Game of Thrones or that other crap.
It’s an expensive hobby.

I have a few anime movies (Kizumonogatari 1-3, Your Name, 5cmps, A Silent Voice and Cowboy Bebop - The Movie) and none of them was more than 30€. Cowboy Bebop the show was more expensive but that also was a whole show.

1 Like

REEEEEEEEE

the k-on box set was pushed back from Nov to Feb

3 Likes

RIP

I’ve noticed Sentai has been pushing some of their releases back. Was hoping to get the Patlabor Ultimate Collection on the 6th, but it got pushed back.

1 Like

As long as it’s not as bad as Eva 3.33

For those that don’t know, the release of the third Evangelion rebuild was pushed back over a year in the US with no reason given what so ever.

1 Like

Manga releases are taking longer now too (probably because they caught up with the Japanese releases). Goblin Slayer Vol.4 comes out Nov 13th, while Vol.5 is scheduled for April 23rd.
Same with D-Frag. The last volume was released Sept 11th and the next comes out on July 30th…~10 months between volumes is so loooong…

2 Likes

Damn it Anno…
I hope nothing else ever becomes like 3.33.

Yen press as well has been shifting their dates around so much, but hey I get back to back Tanya come march.

1 Like

Not an anime but Twin Peaks took quite a while to get a 3rd season (26 years).

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

I had heard a rumor that it had to be redubbed but never read anything concrete, there were some mumbles after the dub screening and the thr bd was pushed back until it just didn’t have an expected date.

I don’t understand how such a bad anime can have such good opening and endings qq

The song is “Tenjou Tenge” by Miyuna and is currently not released on CD yet, which is why you can’t find a full version of it.

1 Like

Simple, it will be heard by a lot of people, such is the way of shonen trash.

I’ve got BiSH’s Paint it Black on the way

I would load up on all of Black Clover’s OP and ED songs, but it reminds me of how triggered I was of Asta when the anime started lol

1 Like

I like to think of how the story would go if Asta died and it switched to Noelle as the mc, way better show in my mind

3 Likes

I’ve noticed some things that I can’t quite figure out in Overlord.
The one that bugs me the most is a scene where Albedo talks to herself, that she still can’t figure out Ainz. And then after a short pause she mutters “Ridiculous.” to herself in a tone that I’m not sure what to think about. Does she mean herself? Is she schemeing against Ainz? It’s a really short scene but it still keeps me thinking.

Other things are about stuff we didn’t get an answer yet or stuff that’s been teased but hasn’t bean dealt with in the story yet (who manipulated Shalltear? what about those 2 characters at the beginning of S2? etc.).
Then there’s complete story arcs that (until now atleast) appear utter useless or have gotten too much screen time (like the Lizardmen arc).

2 Likes

Yeah i wondered about that too (the first spoiler) and at this point i think it is meant to mislead the audience.

As for the second spoiler I agree that is way more important than all the shallow character arcs we got.