Anime Culture Club

then you may be disappointed. It’s pretty solid since the #plot is not the focus, and yeah… as skelterz said it’s not like every enemy gets the same treatment as one who murders your family in front of you

1 Like

Damn those badminton players ain’t playin around, they ain’t takin no shit.

2 Likes

Nah, they just beat each other in badminton… but they way they act and treat each other that’s what you’d think happened.

1 Like

It’s getting to be too much

So in other words a bunch of league players stopped playing league and formed some badminton teams and gave them the doot diddly donger cuckerino?

first time in here guys and i’m just going to say: your waifu is not real and there is no legal lolis.

but on a serious note, i like anime but in recent years i watch less and less in favor of manga and chinese novels just because most anime today is either too generic or just straight dumb, save a few who deserve to be watched
or maybe it’s just an age thing as i probably would’ve loved most of this shit when i was still in high school
and in case you’re wondering the last thing i watched was violet everguarden ad i liked it very much

4 Likes

I have to agree with this. There are quite a few that I love from recent years, but the overwhelming majority are either outside my interests, or, meh at best. This is why I have such a massive and broad plan to watch list, so there’s at least something that might stick. Perhaps looking to the older and more obscure stuff could reveal some treasures?

1 Like

ayy, welcome!

i think the ratio of crap to quality works is the same as it’s always been just our access to all of it is greater than before.

bet you feel dumb now

5 Likes

also it may be because anime was a new to us at first and everything seemed amazing and exiting, and we also started by watching the “legendary” stuff first which meant that most of the shows after them are a downgrade?!

+Skelterz the only equivalant of that in rl is a kid’s mummified corpse, good luck with that… mowahahahaha

1 Like

who said i wanted irl, the GateBox is a thing

1 Like

Not me lol. I’ve yet to see most of the “legendary” stuff. Some of the first ones I watched when I got into anime last year (I don’t consider the anime I watched as a child) were: Excel Saga, Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki, and Azumanga Daioh. I’m sure I’m missing one or two, and the order is probably wrong as well, but it gets my point across anyway. But I’m most likely an anomaly in that.

OH GOD! did we get into isekai this fast!! run, forest, RUUUN !!

2 Likes

I mean if you’re waiting for another Cowboy Bebop it ain’t happening and you have the nostalgia factor where the show is better in your mind than it actually is.

well all my first anime contact were mainly popular anime like death note and naruto shippuden then i went into some very niche ones then some rom-coms (i was a teenager god dammit don’t judge) then i hit seinen and never looked back (a big lie here but it’s my main genre)

1 Like

i know, hense the quote marks, also they were legendary till you found other anime that suit you better and overshadow the previous ones, and i’m constantly maturing like the other time i re-watched death note with a friend and found it less appealing and “smart” compared to when watched years before

hm, i never really found it smart and i enjoy it for the reason a lot of people hate it (the second half)

Yup. Seinen is typically what I look for when I see certain pairings of genres, particularly ones involving romance and/or ecchi. At least as far as my experience goes, the seinen ecchi is done much better than the shounen counterpart, as it’s used strategically to enhance the comedy and situations whereas in shounen it’s typically overused and cringe-inducing.

1 Like

well i was 14 at the time and had a god complex myself, my young padawan self mistaked plot armor and plot holes for smart writing, and yes second half was much more interesting than the first if you take in Kira’s character development

dear LORD! i understand romance as they’re usually more mature stuff but ecchi?? i for myself just totally absolutely despise ecchi because the MC is just bland insert yourself character that never delivers and is emotionally retarded, either seinen with some actual sexual relationships (even if they don’t really add to the story they at least deliver) or i just go straight hentai (naughty boy here also ashamed i called myself boy…)

3 Likes

I enjoy ecchi when used in a comedic sense and done well, like in the Tenchi Muyo canon series’, Panty and Stocking, Excel Saga, or HenSemi. Most shows, however, are as you described, particularly when paired with romance as that’s usually a clear indicator of a shitty harem whose main plot points are #plot.

i will die before i understand the popularity of highschool of the dead and DxD (watched first seasons of each of them)

1 Like