Anime Culture Club

im sorry but believe it or not we do get numb to bad animes over time

i guess it’s easier to feel that way since we’ve got a pretty lack luster summer line up

2 Likes

Yup. On the plus side it gives me time to go and binge old shows I haven’t watched yet.

2 Likes

You should check out Mayoiga and Sakura Quest and Kiznaiver

1 Like

I stopped watching tons of crappy trash plot anime and started watching more trashy slice of life.

2 Likes

Watch more gundam

I’ll just go back to watching speed grapher, where a war journalist comes across a fetish sex ring using a 15 yr-old girl for personal gains. which leads the photographer down a spiraling road to an even crappier life while becoming said 15yr-olds practically adopted father.

That or more witchblade which somehow gives me a similar feel to it.

2 Likes

yup, good show

ye battles/‘action’ plus random sentimental/drama shit kinda

I love everything about this OP, going to have to give Rage of Bahamut another watch

You weebs like tech?
And anime?

5 Likes

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I liked it too. iirc it was my highlight of one anime season.
It just has some “stressful” (this is exaggerated but when it comes to SoL I don’t tolerate any of that) bits which is why I can’t recommend it wholeheartedly to someone who’s looking for a “comforting blanket in anime form”.

1 Like

In simple terms: when nothing of importance is happening. No drama, no action, no psycho mindfuck. Just someone’s every day life without major scale events.

According to Wikipedia’s definition a lot of the anime regarded to fit that genre would not be that, though (for example: in K-ON it’s about forming a and progressing as a high school band).

[…]in literary parlance it is a narrative technique in which a seemingly arbitrary sequence of events in a character’s life is presented, often lacking plot development, conflict and exposition, and often having an open ending.

watching this again as I cant remember what it was like when I watched it the first time a while ago, gotta say I love the janky animation and story with this, it feels like it knows its not serious and yet it plays that part perfectly. somewhat an over the top cowboy bebop but thats not a bad thing. anyone like/hate this one?

2 Likes

Love it, from the same creator as Trigun.

Also the first season has one of the best anime original endings.

1 Like

I do enjoy the music in this, lighthearted and I love it!

1 Like

The opening and ending themes for both seasons are awesome, I own 3/4

Kinda feel like watching that volley ball anime for the #plot right now ngl

It’s a decent sports anime, not as over dramatic and the badminton one.

1 Like