Anime Culture Club

It was fun while it lasted ?

@anon11544174 here is another

oh I got an image for that!

/s
No clue about the Tales Series, never played them buddy told me to make it a few years back.

1 Like

To bad I like shiina more than Collette.

You weebs need more Bleach in your lives.
Here, Iā€™m feeling generous. tips green-white striped hat

1 Like

New question, what are some anime series which you loved or at least liked that is often forgotten about by others or even you?

The top on my list would probably be

further explanation of what I mean

Like think of something you loved, I know a lot of you love made in abyss, that is an anime you can remember off the top of your head of ones you really like probably (if not wtf is wrong with you), but Iā€™m talking about seomthing you thought was really good like made in abyss but you canā€™t remember off the top of your head, someone would have to mention it or youā€™d have to look through your MAL list.

In thinks itā€™s because of the way we consumer media now, the shows we started watching and loved stuck with us more because thatā€™s all that was on

When weā€™re done itā€™s just on the internet somewhere not on our bookshelf or DVD Blu-ray collection

2 Likes

To forget something thatā€™s equal to Made in Abyss sounds pretty hard.

There are lots of anime Iā€™d put in my ā€œTop of all Timeā€ list but thereā€™s hardly anything that comes close to Made in Abyss for me.
The art style, the world, the OST, the characters and emotions - they all fit together like cogs and make the emotionally-abusive drug-dealer move so perfectly itā€™s almost frightening.

That said, even with the ones a majority of people agree on to be among the best animeā€¦itā€™s very subjective.

edit: okay, Iā€™ll give it a try:
The Devil is a Part-Timer
Barakamon
Kyoukai no Kanata
Monogatari Series
No Game No Life
Ushio to Tora

2 Likes

For me I would definitely say School Rumble single handedly got me into searching for anime and watching series. Before that I would watch anime on Toonami and CN and hope to catch a somewhat coherent story.

After that Clannad really changed my perspective on life.

Most likely due to me being an impressionable teenager and hoping to start their life or the fact that they were my first anime series that I watched they definitely left an impression on me.

1 Like

Hehe XD

I was thinking about berserk and listening to some music from it and remembered what I rated it and why. Good series but they butchered the ending, there is an art to killing characters, and there is a fine line between murder, and art. Sounded a bit like a murderer right there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wait a minuteā€¦ But he can only transport things to where he has already been.

Thatā€™s funny. I was thinking School Rumble the whole time I was reading JoelBanks post. So good.

1 Like

I went through my list, and had an oh yeah moment when seeing these.

Some I really enjoyed, but will probably forget in the future.

Holy shit, I loved squid girl. Damn I should throw it on some time, those squid puns kill me.
And Chobits, I just want to love my PC that is all.

1 Like

4 Likes

God damn, kokoro connect, I completely forgot about that one, it was great and one of the first anime series I watched, like the second or 3rd.

1 Like

What do you mean ending? There is more to the series.

Give me a short spoiler as I havenā€™t seen that adaptation

Spacially or relatively? If itā€™s spacially if his stomach is located where he has been before I donā€™t see the issue.

1 Like

Yeah there is more to the series if I want to watch bad CG or read the manga or whatever the source material is, both of which I donā€™t want to do.

Is this just a meme or are there actual squid puns like that and that one specifically?