Anime Culture Club

I’m so happy I saved Violet Evergarden to binge watch, 1 episode in and it is perfect, the start sets up the atmosphere phenomenally, the pacing is perfect, and the music sets the tone nicely. The beginning with following the paper is something that has been done many times in other movies and shows but it is still nice even though it isn’t really anything original, it does help set up the atmosphere greatly.

@TeckMonster I know this is one you’d like if you haven’t seen it already

It’s been a while since I wrote something long about an anime, seems like I will be doing that for this series once I finish it.

3 Likes

Get your tissues ready… feels incoming.

3 Likes

It really is a wonderful series but found myself more invested in A Place Further than the Universe

1 Like

I started bawling in episode 1, lol jk but I did tear up a little tbh

I’ll get around to watching that eventually, though I still don’t really know what it is about. I thought it was some filler anime about high school field trip to Antarctica with lots of fan service, but I guess not so I have no idea.

1 Like

there’s literally none…

Great show. Certainly one of the best of last season.

@Skelterz @ThatBootsGuy anybody? Lol I kinda posted that to ask for a better description than what is on MAL.

2 Likes

Violet Evergarden was my favourite series of the season. It would get a very solid 9 out of 10 from me.

Violet Evergarden, Yuru Camp, and Sora yori mo Tooi Basho made Winter 2018 one of the best seasons of recent memory.

4 Likes

I was about to reply the same exact thing lol.

@anon11544174

Through each of the four main characters the show explores things like what it means to be friends, to trust someone or accepting loss. All of that while the girls try to get to Antarctica, which is as realisitic as it can be for an anime about high school girls going to Antarctica.

1 Like

You forgot Overlord bud, that one is everyone’s fav from last season

Overlord II was good enough to get my recommendation, but not good enough to be in my top.

1 Like

So it is a bunch of girls on a boat? Do we at least get some tenta- yuri action?

Lol but really what is the story about? not the theme of the story

Watching the Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These right now and it’s off to a good start, so I look forward to seeing more. The CG ships look fairly decent as well and hopefully the quality won’t diminish over the season.

those words do not go together, but these do, Overlord II the second* best

First best is zero two, I mean Darling in the Franxx

A bunch of high school girls go on a trip to Antarctica. FRIENDSHIP ensues.

1 Like

Now that’s a series that just will not die.

The first one came out in 1988, it’s older than I am.

1 Like

High school girls going on a adventure to fucking Antarctica.

Also Shirase’s mother died on an expedition there.

1 Like

Spoilers

2 Likes

Yes and Han Solo dies in Star Wars VII, or so we think

Ay good thing too that it doesn’t look too bad because that is one I am looking forward to, been wanting a good space anime.