Anime Culture Club

I’m get back on the ‘Mysterious Girlfriend X’ anime…

so much mega-wat in this.

2 Likes

@ThatBootsGuy was

any good? I might binge it now that it is complete.

1 Like

I like it because rather than the mechs being pew pew pew laser space robots a la Gundam they’re a little more realistic, at least as far as mechs go. They also aren’t the sole focus of the story, there’s more going on than a bunch of Zakus getting stomped by the MC.

3 Likes

It was ok. Episodes were only 15 minutes long and it seemed like a booze ad at times (much like the show it shared a slot with Dagashi Kashi 2 seemed like a candy ad at times). But there is a nice story to it (nothing really deep or super meaningful, mind you, but a cute story nonetheless).

Eh, I’d argue that Gundam is much more than that as well, honestly the when I think of memorable moments from the Gundam series it’s the mc’s mech smashing other mechs.

Oh, I know, I’ve watched just about every Gundam except the kiddy ones. Was more just saying that it’s different than Gundam. Or really even Macross or many other mecha anime.

1 Like

Who here has also completed ancient Magus bride? Thoughts?

2 Likes

That finished?

Yup, March 25th.

Yeah first season wrapped up a couple weekends ago

Yes, I am a huge fan of the manga so I have a hard time being impartial but as an adaptation I totally loved it. The magic is never simplified or quantified so it always seems well magical.

In which case another thing that ended that i was saving to binge. I’ve got 2 shows now to binge yay

I finished it. It is amazing.

2 Likes

For dub watchers, here is Funimation’s simuldubs for Spring 2018:

• Dances with the Dragons (Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru)
  • Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
  • Golden Kamuy
  • High School DxD Hero
  • HINAMATSURI
  • Kakuriyo -Bed & Breakfast for Spirits-
  • Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These
  • My Hero Academia Season 3
  • Space Battleship Tiramisu
  • Steins;Gate 0
  • Tokyo Ghoul:re

https://www.funimation.com/simuldubs/

I’m at least going to watch the dub for Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These and Full Metal Panic!.

2 Likes

The last few episodes had me feeling like the symbolism was getting a bit over my head. I could tell I was missing something but it was difficult to tell what.

Regardless still very good.

2 Likes

More Full Metal Panic nice!

1 Like

The show has layers to it. Like it has a sad hopeful undertone for the whole of the series to it.

2 Likes

dubs

I is sad.

Need to do less yarging and more paying soon now that I actually am not completely poor people.

2 Likes

I’ve upgraded my first post @TeckMonster

I’ll add links and topical gif later

4 Likes

ayeeee

1 Like