Anime Culture Club

Franxx stoof

I enjoyed it a lot till episode 20, Virm was weird but whatever… at the end of the day I didn’t think it was story breaking and there were still good elements to be had after that point. The plot isn’t bulletproof but it’s not flimsy either. Overall a much more solid anime than many others it’s difficult to have such a wild story and keep it all tied neatly in a bow not everything can pull off an Evengelion and I think that’s why everyone who is mad, is mad.

I would watch this anime again and still recommend it to others.

1 Like

Nice try on helping me get spoilers on Franxx, but alas, they weren’t the spoilers I was looking for.

This has nothing to do with you you self absorbed potato

3 Likes

A new day, a new isekai. Let’s goooooo babyyyyy.

ISEKAI ISEKAI ISEKAI

Wow, today’s isekai knows how to start off episode 1 right! A naked woman singing, that’s the kinda start to a first episode real men like to see.

Wanna give me some spoilers on what happens to the characters in the end of Darling in the Franxx?

Asobi Asobase is fucking hilarious, the style looks like it’s going to be some cliche melodrama but it’s off the wall comedy

Frannxx stoof

people get old people die people are born and your mother makes a special appearance.

1 Like

the ending is a carbon copy of Gurren Lagann

I have not seen DITF but I assume this?

Clicky

Also wut anime?

2 Likes

This guy (Director of Darling in the FranXX) has worked on all of the above listed animations.

That would be Samurai Jack

clicky is indeed accurate.

I remember asking you before I started the series if it would have the same ending. Looks like I was right.

@SoulFallen

I enjoyed the series up to episode 15 for sure, but it just took such a nose dive after that. When a series does that it ruins the rest of it.

As for it being tied up nicely, I think it didn’t really have to do much to finish it well. They could have left it with

They kill the klaxours and everyone lives happily ever after and I would have given the series a decent rating and maybe bought some merch. They consciously went out of their way to extend the story unnecessarily leaving a bad taste instead.

I struggle to see how it’s the same as Gurren Lagann, sure they defeated the enemy with their big robot not very original as far as final scenes go, in fact if they were going down that route anyway I would have preferred a little more GL in there.

The world and it’s mysteries never read mattered it was how they changed the characters and their relationships which I think the show did pretty good at all in all.

@Skelterz do you know where log horizon leaves off in the novels?

It wasn’t that though.

It was the fact that in GL they had a ‘ending’ then after that introduced a new villain right at the end, incorporated time skips and not letting the main characters ever stay together for more than 5 minutes.
from reddit - “I’ve mentioned this in another comment, but a big reason the ending doesn’t work is that it didn’t match the tone and setting of the previous episodes. From the beginning, the setting was grounded in a certain plausible reality. I mean, yeah, butt controls, but the fights were for the most part interesting while not being too crazy. Even when Strelizia evolved in episode 7 and 15, it was still relatively realistic. Even in the unpopular episode 19 things felt like a lesser Evangelion. But after episode 20, things became insane. So it turns out APE were actually aliens and the Klaxosaurs were some ancient earth race and things just went off the deep end. The one thing grounding the drama was Hero and Zero Two’s relationship, and even then it ended with a giant Zero Two. It doesn’t gel with the rest of the series. Compare this with other insane shows like Kill La Kill or Flip Flappers. Those shows were crazy, but they started from a place of crazy ness so when their crazy twists were revealed, it didn’t feel out of place because that was the type of show it was from the start. If FranXX was to end that way, it should have had crazy scenarios from the beginning of the series instead of the sudden genre shift in the last few episodes.”
Gurren Lagann went the same way.

Without an enemy the story will read like some fan fiction. They could have explained the Klaxosaurs earlier so it was such a mess later.
Why is everyone comparing this to Eva?

I think it’s much more comparible to GL or KlK but it’s definitely taken a lot from Eva:

1. Klaxosaurs = Angels, Dr = Gendo, APE = SEELE
  2. Franxx = Klaxosaurs = Evas = Angels
  3. Themes of synchronization
  4. Both centered around loneliness and love
  5. Becoming one entity vs staying separate and in single bodies
  6. The underground city bears resemblance to Tokyo-3 and the Geofront from Evangelion
  7. Mecha’s transforming to absurd levels of scale and power like Gurren Lagann
  8. The plot is the same as Vandread

But the story was never shaping up to be Eva’s depression fest

1 Like

To more easily validate being butt-hurt

2 Likes