Anime Culture Club

You don’t forget about them once you get into the show?

1 Like

Get yourself a sweet nostalgia CRT

2 Likes

it’s a hard hang up to get over, better be damn good

eye%20stab

3 Likes

Problem solved.

1 Like

@trexd beat me but

The solution

3 Likes

you and @trexd are the worst

1 Like

lol there ya go, fit the aspect ratio. I just watch most of my old shows on a 65" tv so it’s like having an equivalent 45"+ 4:3 screen.
By the way I actually did watch Evangelion on a high end Sony trinitron tv and it looked freaking amazing for the time with DVD.

3 Likes

I prefer PocketMAL.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

It’s been quite a while since I tried that one. I remember I tried both, but my initial Impressions were better for MALClient.
I’ll use the official app for a while, and if I don’t like it better than MALClient I’ll give PocketMAL another shot, but I love so much about MALClient I’ll probably run back to them.

That sucks. I wonder what the problem is.

And could they possibly yell at us to hit the high seas any louder?

but no legal stream has been shared for the simulcast series as of yet.

Production issues apparently… but it’s being aired tomorrow.

Sounds like only episode 0 (recap) though.

My memory on my experiences with MAL Client aren’t that fresh but something about it made me go back to PocketMAL.

If I’m completely honest, I’m a slow reader and that makes it very difficult for me to fully comprehend the scene.

1 Like

There was a good bit of time where the character pages didn’t work. Not sure if that’s it.

I absolutely love the + & - being just a click away.

I also think the devs are really cool. Ads were off by default, but if you go Into settings you can change how often they display (I chose indefinitely).

Funny thing is I was actually looking to throw cash at them (which is an option), but ended up choosing ads.

Watch bakemonogatari. You’ll get so much practice reading, you’ll have no problem keeping up with other shows.

3 Likes

There’s so much needless translations in that series like the color scenes that usually reiterate something that was just said.

Sounds good. I’ll give that a go.

That’s not quite as intuitive in PocketMAL. The +1/enter number is a bit finicky.
With manga I don’t care though as my manga reader app keeps track of that once linked with MAL.
And anime I just update through the website (usually once I finished a season).

I’m vary again when it comes to buying apps. I used Fenix for a long time and still do but the dev abandoned the app once he ran out of Twitter tokens to sell Fenix 2. And on WP I couldn’t use a few apps (incl. one game I paid) after an OS update. Money down the drain. There’s no guarantee that a dev won’t drop support.

Also, the manga readers from the Google Play Store were utter trash when I tried them.