Anime Culture Club

Words coun’t towards that too?

not really. but I spoiler it out just incase.

I spoiled mine too

God damn it, it seems Wotakoi is intent on not giving the audience an adult relationship, I mean it’s nearly there and I’m glad isn’t not based on an escalating series of misunderstandings but this just falls short.

1 Like

Another one I’d like a second season of… not as desperately as Hinamatsuri but just enough to continue an entertaining story and tie up loose ends. Hell… they could even do it in a special or a couple episode OVA or something…

I knew it was going to be a let down after seeing the second episode, the first episode was good but it lost everything good by the second.

but there is no reason they shouldn’t go that route in the main storyline

1 Like

ye but doesnt seem any less frequent at all lol

i mean were talking pokemon there, what the single most popular/highest value ip, and not just in anime, possibly in anything japanese and they still can have not that good voice acting

imagine starwars with a shitty voice actor in the next movie or something, isnt because they were a small up start without a good budget or something

Well if you only watch subs occasionally it would definitely seem that way.

Star wars is not what I consider quality. Pokemon is manufactured anime, and not reminiscent of art. Budget does not matter in Pokemon’s case and seems like more of a lack of care than anything else.

thats all i need to watch when people go all subs master race, as if subs are perfect every time, i mean ive never seen a single one that was perfect

ex love hina another fairly popular thing, some the characters are fine, some were trash/sounded like specifically trying to sound unrealistic and annoying

doesnt appear to be any standout way to tell as they can be small shitty shows, or more popular bigger budget stuff, usually isnt every character or anything, but seems fairly common, in my experience more common then say funimations dubs

I’m not saying they’re better every time, I’m saying that they definitely have more variety and the Japanese actors are part of the directors vision. A English voice actor may change the way a character is portrayed and I would like to experience the anime the way the director originally intended.

That seems like confirmation bias.

dircetors dont always have good vision though

source george lucas, many others also.

and the director probably didnt write the script or the screen play, or the original source material either anyways, so what do they matter?

same question as above, examples, full metal alchemist, berserk 2016 etc. the japanse directors also change the material from the original authors

an observation about popularity/budget not appearing to directly correlate to having better voice acting? as couple the ones i seen where very popular everyones heard of etc but still has some terrible parts/trash/bad decisions however you wanna say it

edit: basically to me it appears to be similar in quality to the american dubs at best on average,

not better, im gonna never watch dub again.

sure if the dub has some character that sounds retarded i will consider it, or if it doesnt have a dub i will watch it, but i havent seen them being vastly superior in any way

The sub vs dub debate is real.

Dub is best, and all other opinions are wrong.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Holy fucking shit, I love the way Hinamatsuri wrapped up.
This show was fucking great.

1 Like

Why watch anything at all then? By that logic you should never go further than the original source material which would invalidate most of the anime industry.

Japanese producers often get the choice of working along side authors if they want. It all depends on whether or not they want to follow the source material.

All I’m saying is that if you constantly watch dubs then go watch only a few subs with the previous assumption that anything that’s subbed is bad, you’re going to be primed to think the show has bad voice acting.

My argument is simple. I watch subs because there is more variety in the Japanese voice acting industry and I’m not subject to the same 15 people working for Funimation doing dubs. Having more competition in a market is economics 101 for a better outcome.

makes me think if there is a second season they’ll go for the time skip which I am interested in.

Yeah hopefully, you know if this an original anime or is the sauce a mango?
Feels like a great manga to pick up.

it’s originally a manga

1 Like

Damn… Amanchu Advance! is done… now what will I watch to counteract the heaviness of Darling ?

I didn’t like this season of Amanchu as much as the last due to that 1 arc that feels like filler and rather out of place. Other than that It’s pretty good, gave it a 7 (would’ve been an 8 if not for that).

1 Like