Anime Culture Club

Continuing Strike the Blood, continuing to be disappointed.

More waifus = more power

I’ve always been into vampires since I saw Interview with the Vampire when I was way too young lol, this feels like a cheap excuse to get pg sexytime with all the ladies. MC is just cardboard cutout w/ girls tripping all over for him.

1 Like

Well

Spoilers for Strike the Blood

At least it is canon the MC has kids with two of the girls.

Completely forgot I watched that show. You think it gets better and it never does. Just mediocre the whole way through.

@Novasty

Well that’s one saving grace I guess.

1 Like

not good enough for this level of trash, like ffs

spoiler

meets a princess and in 2 seconds she wants his dick

@Skelterz

Looks neat but I want a strong driven Gundam game

I’m excited because it’s the first release on PC… if it sells well there could be more games or even ports of older ones to PC.

1 Like

Get a team going and wreck some shit?

2 Likes

It definitely looks better than the last few Gundam games (a rail shooter and reskinned dynasty warriors)

Question:
Does western animation counts? More specifically

1 Like

Sorta, wish they’d make more of that
Oh shit they are!

1 Like

Yup… I was about to ask when does it come out since it has been greenlighted and confirmed and is said they are working on it.
The first one was more of a test. If it works out - they will make more. If not - they just made 4 episodes…

I shall use my gunpla skills to conquer the gaming universe!

2 Likes

This made me kek. Someone at Microsoft has a sense of humor.

(For those who do not understand, this is the Japanese translation of “OBJECTION!!”. Windows understands Ace Attorney references)

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Netfllix is just the producer in that scenario and the animation is done by a Japanese studio. I would check MAL to find out but their site is still down.

1 Like

Could be. Honestly I have no idea, but I like the series so far and I wonder what will they do going forward…

Was done by Powerhouse Animation Studios based in Texas

It’s definitely inspired by anime, I really would like to see more American studios produce content like this.

3 Likes

Oh wow that’s a surprise for sure. I would have expected it to be the same deal that 7 Deadly Sins had.

1 Like

I started watching Violet Evergarden. Very well animated. Each episode is kinda of stand aloneish… There is character development. I could see why normal people could get emotional watching the show.

Click for Spoilerish thoughts

Violet as character is tragic in nature. Yet despite the hell she has been through she is trying to better understand the world. I do think it is cruel not to have told her at the start the Major she cares about is dead. I haven’t seen all the season yet but I am expecting her to find out. Or at least I hope she does.

Is it really cliche? Seems like any show depicting A.I just seems to fall prey to the same brand of existential crisis stuff. Great animation only carries a show so far for me so I feel like Violet Evergarden would end up being fairly predictable. Do you get that vibe?

1 Like