Anime Culture Club

Started watching Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online.
Better that Sword Art Online. M was interesting till episode 5 speculativish spoiler:

Really a singer is going to kill you. What the hell?

Still going to keep watching cause it is kinda alright.

1 Like

Watch out, my singing can literally kill people, though the tougher people will only get headaches and nausea

yeah, was super disappointed they gave it away so hard

1 Like

Toradora is so damn good, and I enjoyed rewatching it just as much as the 1st time though. Definitely still one of my most favorite.

4 Likes

Always a good one to come back to and the dub is a nice addition.

I already had volume 1 and just got The Saga of Tanya the Evil manga volume 2 today. Slightly disappointed they didnā€™t have glossy artwork for the first few pages like they did in the first volume. I really love the artwork from both the manga and light novels.

3 Likes

I feel like a 5 year old is writing how shit works in hunter x hunter, first you got this guy who surrenders so these people shoulda won but this chick comes out and says he didnā€™t so whatever, then the sane chick bets that she will win in rock paper scissors, it ends in a draw, so she lost the bet cus she didnā€™t win, but instead they keep going. Honestly the writer isnā€™t even trying

Spurred by my good forum buddy @GigaBusterEXE, I am writing more about why the berserk series right now sucks, and Miura is totally using it as a scape goat to play more idol master.

Iā€™m goingto talk about story issues, cause everyone and their mother knows that the animation is trash. They could have pulled off the slide shows with the 3D if it actually looked good, but itā€™s obvious that whatever the director had going for him when he worked on gurren lagann stayed at trigger.

Number 1, not redoing and completing the blackswordsman arc. He fights a fucking giant tree monster instead? What the fuck man? No slug baron!? No lost children?! This is the darkest Guts gets in entire series. Where itā€™s literally just him, and a fairy that never gets in the way when heā€™s going full fucking berserker mode. Guts never shows the extreme rage heā€™s been given in his experience in the eclipse except when he actually dons the berserker armor, but even then. I feel like since itā€™s being pulled out of him it feels crunchier in the vs slug lord and rosine than in the desperate measures use the berserk armor to protect something he lost and has found again.

This sets up everything for Guts, and also not building on the foreshadowing of Rosine making appearances later as she was one of the apostles there at the camp of the band of the hawks murder. It also gives a better sense of time on how long guts was away from caska, and why that might way so heavily on him. In the anime you might even think he was gone either a couple of months or a goddamn decade. Nobody knows!

Except literally everything that has to do with character motivations was cut from the anime. Almost every interaction Farnese has is cut short. Shierke and Isidro are put in too early, and this theme feeds into the most abhorant, disrespectful, bullshit that there could be for a berkserk anime.

The theme of causality and Guts lamentation at himself and everything he has to do and has done wrong is completely missing. Itā€™s just get to plot point 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 asap without any of the info that really builds on it properly. This is the crux of berserk! This is why you always feel a connection to Guts regardless of his own actions. Because in some way everyone can relate to having to do things they may not want to do that drastically impact their life. Either by the actions of other people, or the needs you need to fill, or your mistakes through life.

All of this because some studio low balled the rights holders on price of creating the anime. A studio that never used 3D animation but relentlessly pursued a lack luster hasing filter for shading that requires so much time to add that they have no time for other textures or sub surface scattering, or anything else that might make the 3D side of things look better with itā€™s fucking shiny blank fill tool coloring. Or maybe that was the desired look and for some reason they canā€™t afford the render time for 24 FPS animation in 3D. Makes sense since they donā€™t seem to have the time or budget for animating a 3D tween

Miura probably doesnā€™t give too much of a shit so long as that royalty cheque comes in and more tankobons get sold so he can play some more idol master, watch some more japanese youtube looking up vocaloid videos or something. Iā€™m sorry Miura-sama, please finish berserk.

2 Likes

not sure how to look up something like that, or if its even available in english(without using a translation service)

but seems like typical thing can happen with publisher company owning the actual rights to whatever in x media type

resulting in say shitty video games based on a ip that the original ip creator has no input
edit: example like them cdi zelda games

dat boi may not own the rights(for berserk in video/formats other than manga etc), to secure funding or a publishing deal or something, maybe as far back as the first series but no idea, how would look that up

Iā€™m totally just venting there in the qoute. as far as I can know miura is bent over his desk more often than Oda, and that might be true.

Miura was an executive producer for a few episodes, but I canā€™t find any links and fuck going back through episodes to look at credits.

dunno wikipedia said ā€˜executive supervisorā€™ or something but even if was producer doesnt have that much control especially if its just a puppet position to try and get fan interest for the publishers ip

but probs never know lol

With my lack of resouces, Iā€™m inclined to agree.

ye least in music and shiz seems like artist usually gets fuxxed and publisher retains alot of the rights

think more competitive now with the whole smaller studios and online stuff, ā€˜selfpublishā€™ type shit, that there are options where you dont get boned, but not back when this dolt was starting out in the 80s or whatever

just a guess though lol

Starting

But Iā€™ll stop at episode 18 like @trexd suggested.

1 Like

Watching this later tonight, just finished watching Steinsgate 0 episode 7, and ohh boy shit just got real again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hard pass, Okamoto Lynn (creator) has lost his fucking mind

I remember watching this anime long ago but I completely forgot about it. What do you mean the creator lost their mind?

Minor spoiler he has an unhealthy obsession with women melting

And the story is sub par as a whole, mind you Elfen Lied wasnā€™t very good either.

For further proof of his degeneracy search ā€œParallel Paradiseā€ warning nsfw

@Venom415 edit^^^^

I feel like that is in this anime as wellā€¦ im having some flashbacks nowā€¦

1 Like

It is, in abundance

I watched the first episode but stopped, hate me all you want, because the animation quality kinda bothers me, feels too much like lovely complex too. I hate lovely complex