Anime Culture Club

Holy shit, no wonder it took them 14 years to release Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory, the CG is pretty fucking good. Also Sousuke is a fucking animal. godbless’

Holy fucking shit, I don’t remember the show being this fucking impactful on my morality.
Guess I only looked for the action back then, definitely want to head back to watch the older series.

Lmao whats up with all this music in anime first Stairway to Heaven in Hinamtasuri now the A-Team Theme in FMP:IW

3 Likes

2idsfEN

Holy shit. I thought I was ready for more Full Metal Panic. I am not ready at all fuuuuuuck

2 Likes

Somehow, I’ve found myself watching naruto again. :sob::gun:

1 Like

You are beyond help

6 Likes

The difference between you and me is that I am beyond help, while you can still be helped, but nobody wants to help you.

Ooh that’s spicy
bwcHW8R

1 Like

whenisaidcomeatme

2 Likes

This looks interesting

Kana Hanazawa!
tumblr_m6ic1gliK71rohxh0

Damn, Welcome to the Jungle in Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory is kind of depressing. left me with an empty feeling.

1 Like

It brought Griffiths character to climax as the person destined to be the most powerful human being on the planet with Guts and Casca as his witness. Griffith was always jealous of Gut’s abilities and naively thought this jealousy translated to love and friendship. During his time in solidarity Griffith realized that Guts was not merely a friend with exceptional abilities but a threat to his very existence (eg what his ego would allow). Since his release, the hatred of knowing his right hand man could usurp him at any moment gave birth to the power needed to unlock the egg; therefore evolving Griffith into a higher being. Griffith wanted to crush Guts. Like really have him experience hell but not kill him. He didn’t kill guts because he wanted Guts to live out the rest of his life in pain and despare, feeding Griffiths ego further. That’s my interpretation at least.

If your the kind of guy who hates the Berserk ending, you’ll loathe this one.

Gonna have to start watching this one. I loved this series back when I thought dubs were good.

@Skelterz

What did you think of the pacing in Shiki? The show seems awfully slow even for a mystery anime.

Edit: forgot to mention I’m on episode 13

1 Like

I read the spoilers and already know people die but that isn’t why I disliked Berserk’s ending, Berserk just didn’t kill people off correctly, it killed them all at once and their deaths did pretty much nothing, if you look at GoT everyone’s death is very impactful not only to the story and characters but to the viewers as well, they are carefully planned and executed (pun intended)

Even if you haven’t read any of the manga proceeding after the events of the anime, my explanation still covers why most of the cast was killed. Even then, Casca, Griffith and Guts are still alive and realistically the other characters dying was necessary to progress the main character arcs. If the other members of the Band of the Hawk remained, it would have turned into a series about a group revenge; not a story about one mans suffering. The side characters death’s are poignant due to their affect on the main characters emotionally. I don’t think it even needs to be explained that if all your companions die due to the selfish nature of your leader, your going to be sadden depressed angry etc. Game of Thrones is a political turmoil series, and thus cannot be compared to a Berserk, since Berserk’s story revolves around the character progression of one character, rather than the progression of a kingdom. GOT death’s are more like the death of chess pieces rather than real people since they affect people in a strategic sense more so than a emotional one.

A bit slow at first but once I was into it fit and added to a sense of hopelessness, the second half that slow pace accentuates the brutality. Really enjoyed it.

1 Like

You heartless monster, seeing Hodor go was so sad

But that’s what I’m talking about as far as death in GoT, they actually impact the story and characters, An example would be the first and most basic of the deaths, the death of Eddard stark, this catapults the story forward and heavily impacts characters, especially his daughters, Arya kills with little to no remorse bent on revenge for example. If berserk had killed off it’s characters at different times and made their deaths impactful in different ways then it would’ve been awesome

it did have an impact you dolt did you not see the first episode?

with the snake dude and him like im gonna kill everything/one under griffith until i kill him too

that episiode is after the rest of the ‘series’ the rest is a flash back leading upto that point, why hes doing that

1 Like

Everyone dying is literally the last episode. You intuitively know what happens to guts, that’s the point of the first episode, showing you how dark and hardened guts has become. The beauty of the ending is that if you go back and rewatch the series, it becomes a loop with the first episode being a continuation of the last episode. With hindsight you can then infer, through rewatching the series, the real effect of Griffith’s actions. This is all ignoring the fact that there is a complete story after the end of the anime in the manga but my point is the series stands alone as a masterpiece even without the manga.

Griffith’s betrayal definitely impacts the story, Guts and Casca. It’s just not spelled out as clearly as GOT. It’s your job as the viewer to empathize with how you think the characters would feel after such an incident.

I mean this scene says it all.

50 seconds of mostly stoic silence and a look of determination on Gut’s face.

Here’s a sharper explanation of the character you like vs the kind of character I like.

Also sorry about constantly listing digibro videos, but damn I agree with him so much.

dunno mang

this really isnt spelled out at all
FB_IMG_1496722963577

just no reaction at all

1 Like

Am I doing this right? Ricing not only Linux desktops.
(relevant coz shitty weeb rice?)

2 Likes

And here I thought I was watching hunter x hunter, but I’m actually watching the cooking anime (still can’t remember the name lmao)