Anime Culture Club

Man, she knocks that out of the park

1 Like

Translation wtfs: episode two of Oresuki tsundere is subbed at hot and cold attitude…

Why?

Tsundere is so ingrained in anime culture at this point why bother translating it at all?

Ive noticed things being needlessly translated a lot lately like baseball euphemisms that are said in English so the discrepancy is even more glaring.

1 Like

Anzu is precious. Hinamatsuri was so good.

2 Likes

Just watched the ending of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. It definitely felt like the characters had better arcs in the Brotherhood one vs the OG anime from the early 2000s.

1 Like

Yeah anime original endings aren’t usually very good

1 Like

@Some_Tech_Noob has made a great video on his LCD side panel, and he explained what’s going on to the point I feel like I can make one now.

Please remember to give his video a like if you like it (I know it’s easy to forget with embedded videos).

OG Anime Lounge JPEG_20190426_230234

4 Likes

Gave this a watch, it had some good moments but i just couldn’t get into it.

And because i hate myself apparently i started Sword Art Online Alicization

2 Likes

idk how i got here but i’m entertained…

3 Likes

been watching hataage kemono michi this season and they are up to e 3. and like, its the best thing this season. super weird but describing it to my normal non anime watching friends gets them laughing, and they dont get most the jokes. explaining it is somewhat hard but its a isekai comedy that reminiscent of kono suba in how outrageous and funny it is. first episode is ok but it just keeps getting better. just give it a try, go in blind and laugh.

2 Likes

Well it’s made by the same guy so that’s not surprising.

First episode had me on the fence but after seeing the second I came around to it.

There are a few isekai that mock the whole genre this season so those have been pretty enjoyable.

2 Likes

Started watching serial experiment lain

4 Likes

Just finished watching Black Fox (woops) and I thought it was a series at first and was pretty hyped for it, watching it only made me say “ohh its nothing too special and its just an hour and a half long… awww”

6.5/10 nice animation but would have been better as a series with some better planned plot

2 Likes

You mean Black Fox? Same, i was very disappointed. The story seemed to just plod through a checklist of events so i never felt anything for the characters. It looked good though.

Another series I’ve been meaning to watch but haven’t gotten around to.

5 Likes

Whoa! completely surprised by Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun this season, it’s older styling is really refreshing and it’s seriously funny. Also it isn’t an isekai!

4 Likes

uh…

I’ve been loving that show. The level of ridiculousness is very fun.

1 Like

Lately I’ve been into manga where the main character is isekai’d to an otome game setting (pretty boy dating sim) as the villainess of the story and they have to avoid the “bad ending”.

One of my favorites is getting adapted into an anime

3 Likes

You might like I Favor the Villainess if you can do novels.

There’s some similarities between the two series.

2 Likes

Well this looks just awful

2 Likes

I saw that it was getting an anime the other day. Looked hilarious so I added it.

2 Likes

It is pretty funny
Very minor spoiler? her obsession with farming is a running joke through the series in case she is exiled