Anime Culture Club Meta - Changes and Updates

For example this would go here.

Literally laughing my ass off rn.

I noticed that, time to post some links to some good hent- Anime and blur em.

agreed, I can barely keep track of one after being gone al day

I don’t really get this, like 20 memes in 1 post? Nobody has ever done that

What’s the ACC?

why laughing, we don’t want to scare off users and create a bad reputation

ACC - Anime Culture Club

1 Like

@anon11544174, remember when you first started out here it wasn’t until you were more comfortable that we started with the “lol your taste is shit” nonsense, if we were like that right off the bat you probably wouldn’t have stuck around

I just find that hilarious, it is a shitty thing to do when you are looking for recs but idk I just think that’s pretty dang funny

You haven’t met my friends, I would’ve hung around lol

i get that but it reflects poorly on us as regulars in the thread

no doubt but youre less inclined to take that kind of stuff from some stranger on the internet

Edit: I said something mean, and regret it, so consider it deleted.

1 Like

ouch

Yeah, that was probbably too far. Sorry @anon11544174 my mind is still fried from all this. I think I’ll just go to bed and watch a little anime. Sorry.

Would I do that? No, I wasn’t even part of that conversation, but if I was I would’ve recommended something because it makes me feel like I know a lot now about anime (even though I don’t), being able to rec some anime to someone new. I’m just saying that story was funny

You better /s lol no probs man I get that way sometimes when I’m hungry

I played league for 2 years and am now starting to get back into it, I was forced to take that shit every day (partly because I am just too lazy to mute people but whatever I don’t really mind that shit I’m used to it) lol

1 Like

So the A-C-C won’t let me be or let me be me so let me see
They tried to shut me down on L-1-T
But it feels so empty without me

In short: the Anti-Shitposting Brigade, desu
:stuck_out_tongue:

Really that should just be its own thread, questions, advice, specific topics should be in their own topics so people can actually see them and not really in these large mega threads.

That may be true, but I do want to hear about stuff like this (most likely wouldn’t see it in its own topic). I don’t want this to happen again, and now the more active users in the ACC now know about it, so ideally next time we’ll be much more welcoming towards new people. If we’re not I’ll be adding a rule.

1 Like

I don’t even want 2 threads right now to keep up with, another one would just be too much. At 2 I’ve hit my max for threads I’m going to follow.

I don’t get it what you mean?

A forum is for posting topics about something. Not just a bunch of mega threads… you read the ones you want and ignore the others that way you don’t need to bother ever reading posts about certain things.

That’s what I was meaning, plus you lose a whole bunch of readability and engagement if it’s all just one thread. At that point you just have a chat room.

1 Like

@fredrich_nietze this is the meta thread for for anime thread. Long story short reduce shitposting.

This has been on my mind for a while now, but are manga (and the equivalent from other Asian countries like manhwa) and discussions about legal streaming and legally purchasing anime, manga, soundtracks, merch, etc covered by that rule?

Cause there’s also tons of manga that don’t have an anime adaption.

1 Like

Those topics are related to Japan, so it’s alright. We speak mainly of anime, but also everything anime related, and to an extent Japan-related.

Not necessarily, that’s why I’m asking.

Manhwa is Korean.
Manhua is Chinese.

Discussing platforms for legally obtaining media is only vaguely related to Anime or Japan as it could be any form of media originating from any country.

1 Like