I found my dream phone today. It’s been in the news for a couple of time but i just fall on it. The F(x)tec Pro1.
To me it check all the box !
The expected one:
- Nice Oled screen
- double sim tray with one who can be use for sd card
- Good battery life
- a very stock like Android 9
- stereo speaker
- side mounted finger print sensor
But also the crazy one !
- Headphone Jack with radio
- mostly screwed build (pretty easy to change battery in now-day’s standard)
- an unlocked boot loader with the company pushing you to install rom (lineageOs is officially supported, and you won’t void warranty with any rom)
- a friking backlit physical keyboard
It all look very sturdy, and the product is everything i ever wanted.
The downside that i see (and don’t care) are:
- no wireless charging (it killed my old s4 battery so i’m down with that)
- kinda bulky, you have to put that keyboard somewhere
- not a full-screen front, but no notch
- not the best camera sensor or soft.
- no water resistance rating.
And the thing that make me so torn apart, the company is very new and the product is a pre-order. (september~ish)
I’m a sysadm, i carry a pixel C with the keyboard around to get thing done on the move, and even if this is still a small screen, i think it realy could do the trick.
here is an english-sub german “review”
What do you think ? i know this community is the kind of niche who could be 100% into this.
I know @wendell and @DeusQain are surely flood with Poke, but i am hopping they might also be interested by it.
Soooooo… should i pre-order ?