AMH A409U Version 2

I am running a r9 290

did you test same settings on a different monitor, to check if customs work at all ? Me when they fail, for example if i ask 144Hz , when I press check or test, nothing happens .
edit 1 = what was the certification of the cable ?
edit 2 = are you able to get 60Hz on 4k ?

I am coming from a Dell U3011. Yes I am getting 4k60hz. I am using the cable from Dell and not the ones supplied from them.

Mine arrives tomorrow according to Fedex. My excitment is turning to slight concern.....
Hope the damn thing behaves.
More later........

OK, must establish a reference point. I am still not convinced about the cable/effectiveness of all contacts, and it is a very common problem. change cable and seat them very securely.
are you under the impression that it is the driver interface that is rejecting the customs or the screen. Can you change resolutions easily, and it is just the Hz not sticking ?

No cause for concern; I have seen monitors take a couple of days to stabilize. It happens.
edit 1 = from personal experience

1 Like

I have lots if things crossed here @maxcat.......

Just got and plugged in mine, it doesn't seem to want to go faster than 3840x2160 30Hz. There is no higher refresh rate options by default and if I try to create a custom resolution NVIDIA Control Panel spits back "Test Failed. Custom resolution 3840x2160 at 60hz (32-bit) is not supported by your display." before it even goes black or anything.

I assume this is probably the DisplayPort cable's fault, am I correct?

With using a mini displayport to display port cable from my 7950 in windows, I was able to get the monitor to run at 4096x2160 @ 60hz. This still does not look all that crisp to me, and I need to have the monitor on 'wide' zoom for it to fill the screen.

So you can def run this at 60hz, but I'm still weirded out by the 4096 rez.

As a side note, I also tried running a plain displayport cable straight from my onboard iGPU (intel HD 4000) to the monitor. Unfort, the HD 4000 can't do 4k resolution, max it could do was like 2560 something.

What's weird is that, when I had it running on the HD 4000, no scaling and centered at a resolution smaller than 4k, I was able to use the "point to point" zoom mode.

This made the image SUPER CLEAR. This was the only time "point to point" mode works, all other setups "point to point" just is black.

Well running it at 4096 should appear fuzzy because it the monitor is 3840 and it would have to do some weird downsampling to work. Does it appear blurry at 3840x2160 as well?

Weird thing is, running it at 3840x2160 it doesn't scale to fit the whole panel, and none of the zoom options fix it.

Yeah, mine did that for a bit. I screwed around with the options for a little bit and after a few resolution options it seems to be happy filling the screen at 3840x2160 now. It seems like switching it to 4096x2160 gets it stuck in a different mode and then it doesn't revert when it goes back to 3840x2160. I think mine fixed itself when I went down to 1920x1080 and then back to 3840x2160.

Okay it seems to be getting worse, 30Hz went away and it won't go higher than 29 now.

Tried it on my 2015 macbook pro. It went to 3840x2160, but also only did 29hz. If I forced it to 30hz (only other option), the image got split in half and didn't work. hrmmmmm, VERY dissapointed so far. This is pretty much return territory if someone doesn't find something I'm over looking.

version 2 might have been a dud...

It sounds like you guys have some problems with your monitor. How are your overall thoughts on this screen, and would you recommend the vers. 2? I am still waiting to receiving my screen.
August - Denmark

It definitely has problems but so did the other ones. If a new displayport cable doesn't fix the issue, I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to get some firmware that fixes it.

So far though despite the 30Hz, 4k 40" is great, so much room for activites!

Okay, I just kind of fixed the 30 Hz problem, I updated my graphics card drivers and now it will happily go up to 54Hz but refuses to go any higher which is strange. Considering going out and picking up a displayport cable before the stores close today.

Okay so the 30 hz / 54 hz is caused by your gpu and Not the monitor it self? :)
I guess if you would like another interface, you Can downgrade the firmware?
Do you know if it is a different panel than the first version?

Yeah, it seems to be my GPU being fussy. I have a GTX 670 so it doesn't surprise me that I'd be having some problems.
It kind of looked like I was seeing some signs of Chroma 4:2:2 now but testing after I updated the drivers that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I don't know how to check what panel it is without opening it up and I'm not really willing to do that right now.

No don't open the panel to check, it was only if you knew it.
Okay, so from what it sounds like, you are pretty satisfied with your monitor? :)
I am personally going to use it for video editing and 4k gaming.
Sorry for my bad english by the way