AMH A409U Version 2

On the AMH A409U Version 2 does anyone have one and know if freesync is activated?

Or Gsync....Sigh.... a guy can dream can't he?

1 Like

As far as I know, no one has one yet. I bought mine the day it showed up on ebay and the tracking says it is just being exported from Korea now. Nobody seems to have figured out freesync for the A409U yet and I suspect that the version 2 won't be much different. I hope I'm wrong though.

Edit:

Just got another update on my monitor, it has now left Korea and I now have an estimated delivery again. The current estimation is saying Feb 2nd, here's hoping!

I am getting delivery confirmation for tomorrow right now. I can post information tomorrow night if this holds true.

also has pip, my 399 doesn't

As of last night I could not get a 4:4:4 setup through display port. I also noticed the interface was changed to a style that looked more like a television's on screen menus with less options than the previous model (no freesync). This panel shows up as 4096x2160 not UHD 3840x2160 in my display settings. I am having a tougher time with AMD's Crimson to alter display settings. If any of you have suggestions please share them.

They were known to have bad cables, and very sensitive to variation in positioning. (the monitor). (cf I have 3 amh). I had some problems with crimson, but i wonder if it is my understanding of it or the drivers. I have been able to reach syncs that I had not before , cf 120Hz in 1080P,.and a comfortable 85Hz for every day use. They have a new firmware file ( got to check ). What are you getting instead of 4:4:4 ?

the 399 never had anything close to the split; and no remote. (that is the biggest flaw IMO, the buttons are a bitch to work with !

got mine yesterday, did you figure out how to change the language to english? also looks like no pip/pbp in spite if it being advertised.

Last menu to the right, top option. When you flip it to English the text will update.

I am unsure, the display tests show 4:2:2. I can't find an option in my video card display settings to tell me anything useful (maybe I'm too noob).

here
:

check additional settings
do not worry, i am still finding stuff in crimson !!!!!!!!
edit 1 = can you upload a pic of osd !

the version 2 does NOT have the split O means yes and X means no ! from what I could understand !

Thanks! now I can read the menus :) Still looks like no PIP dammit.

Something seems a miss or this panel isn't the same at all. Please see my attachments.

is that the osd on top of crimson ?

Just got mine last night as well. The OSD looks completely different, with totally different options from the original AMH a409u. Weirdest thing is it keeps defaulting to 4096x2160 as it's max rez instead of 3840x2160.

I've got a Amd 7950 and was only using HDMI at first, so I thought it was something to do w/ the connection. Just found a display port adapter, so now it's straight display port and I'm still seeing the weird resolution.

It also has some 'zoom' options (wide, normal and point to point). The Wide is the only setting that makes the 'full rez' look the most normal, and not 'normal' for some reason.

Even after attempting to change every setting I could, it still wasn't anywhere near as sharp as my crossover 27" 1440p.

Kinda feeling screwed that this thing was so much different form version 1.

hey ! must be some minute setting that you miss. (reminds me very much of myself) !
edit 1 = one thing comes to mind the dp 1.1 or 1.2 setting !
edit 2 = super resolution setting is to high in reference to any increase in sharpness or contrast
edit 3 = for 1080p , and this for quite a while, I make a custom resolution of 1076P, it sticks and keeps giving me a full screen.
edit 4 = i am writing on a 409 at 1076P presently; and find this setting quite flexible for nearly all apps. I game , depending on the game, at 1076P and sometime at 4K if a incredible difference. My gaming tourism; I just contemplate the scenery and the graphics , is mostly in 4k.......nothing twitch there. ( 7990 plus 7970)

None of my custom resolutions apply, they all fail.

on a 7970 and crimson ?