Amh a409u uhd 40

I would be keen to know if the panel turns on and off, switches modes fast. The one thing that annoyed me about the Wasami Mango was the time it took to turn on and flick to difference resolutions, not a biggy but was somewhat annoying considering the price paid.

I assumed that it wouldn't be the same panel anyway, I don't even think the A399U uses the same panel as the Phillips and Crossover monitors, as AMH lists the monitor's pixels as having a square aspect ratio, rather than the rectangular ones of the Phillips and Crossover panels.

What are the chances of this working with my GTX 670?

For gaming? Maybe 18 fps average on highest settings with no mxaa. You could use it for a desktop environment okay though. Google "gtx 670 4k"

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. I don't plan on 4k gaming for a year or two. I just need the screen real estate for now.

I'm using a GTX 660 Ti with the previous A399U so your graphics card is just a touch faster. I'm playing basic games fine (This War of Mine at 4K is beautiful), Supreme Commander 2 works fine at 4K but probably at around 45 FPS on the low end. Modern games with a lot of graphics should probably be played at 1080p and scaled up. For me the monitor is mostly for productivity with limited gaming thrown in every so often.

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier but I've ordered the monitor a few days ago, so I'm expecting it any day now.
Now I'm looking at my secondary 23" 16:10 1680x1050 Monitor and realizing I will have to upgrade it to a 27" 1440P monitor. >.>

Once I get my A409U I will make a review video about it.

1 Like

hey great choice ! does make a 23 look puny. (unfortunately)

Just received my 409. The best way to describe is: AWESOME !!! I just joined this forum to report in. Been studying 4k moniters for 8 months. The one thing that I had to find out on my own is this: A Z97 motherboard with i7 haswell graphics will run 4k at 60 hz on its own via dp. No GPU..Anyway I still have a lot to learn and waiting on Wendel to report on his.

1 Like

Awesome! Can you confirm that the A409U is flicker-free? Another user got his monitor this week and he couldn't see any of the PWM "artifacts". Aslo can you tell us if yours had any dead pixels and how uniform the backlight is?

ya,ya,ya,ya............................is it FF????????????????????

Mississauga, ON, Canada 09/20/2015 17:19 Arrival Scan 2 boxes.............

almost here.....!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I will be ordering mine soon.

No Flickers. Colors and blacks are excellent!

This could be a negative. This monitor relies on the remote to do everything. I've been looking for an on off button. Can't find it. Only on the remote. Also the osd is like the one found in the WM UHD420. Had to see the review to figure out how to get over to English.

Could I trouble you for some detailed photos of the display?

Here are some shots of the settings. The first one is how to set the menu to English.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA............THERE HERE :-)
2 BOXES

Sherbrooke, QC, Canada 09/21/2015 7:45 Destination Scan
09/21/2015 7:30 Arrival Scan

it also SEEMS TO BE THE SAME (edit = or extremely similar) AS CROSSOVER 404K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamma 2.6? 2.2 is the "norm". Is the screen darker then you like? Also, can you make the screen very dim? I want to use it for coding, and a screen that is too bright can speed up fatigue.

I am a very happy camper.............:-)

edit 1 = presently testing in single monitor mode A409U on HDMI v 1.4 in 1080p on HDMI 2 input

power button is present in rear (with other functions)................menu is identical to crossover 404K (or darn similar)...............with cell phone camera = no detectable pmw..............monitor awakens correctly, and falls asleep ok ..............monitor can be turned off via power button, and turned on corectly..............no dead or stuck pixels (DID NOT SCRUTINIZE PANEL) decent bleed (still evaluating as settings are made)...........presently trying to match previous display on A399U
edit 2 = forgot about the blacks,...........it s an AMH, they are fantastic

edit lighting evenness seems better than A399U, colors are great in stream (cf HD Netflix)