AMD Security Issues

I think he’s classifying them correctly. What would you have him do instead? Maybe we’re not hitting the same wavelength.

Would Be Hacker: I am gonn steal your information!

PC Owner: … Okay how? My platform is secure to outside attacks.

WBH: I do not see the case bolted to the ground?

PCO: Ooooohhh I get it, you got nothing do you?

WBH: TO HELL WITH YOU STOCK PRICES!!! I HAZ THE SECURITY INFORZ!

As for the matter of Dan. I think the better thing would have been to clarify immediately that yes they are real but also pretty much pointless with out physical access instead of doing that 4 or 5 tweets later. May have been trying to do the right thing but it ends up spreading the FUD as people usually only read the first 1 or 2 points and take it as done. So they would have read a respectable person confirm this insane companies nonsense.

4 Likes

Completely agree

1 Like

That was my take also

1 Like
1 Like

Also just to add to the tinfoil finger pointingnwith no realnfact to back anything up.

This CTS company are based in Israel, Intel have a large base in Israel.

Also @anon97550313 Here is the Interview one, also just a joke and a complete smear campaign.

1 Like

that greenscreen tho.

3 Likes

but wouldnt it be better to give the shit to the company with the flaw first then wait till they check and agree and start working on a fix then doing this and getting called liars and shit and trying to manupilate stock prices

2 Likes

When wtf tech is more reasonable than Toms Hardware :slight_smile:

I suspect a strong ex Israel military Unit 8200 connection.

These are veterans of Israels SIGINT operation that’s very close in nature to what the NSA does.
By veterans I mean mid 20 year olds because they have a very short service time.

Note his disclaimer though.

I know that Gadi Evron and Uri Farkas(part of CTS-Labs) are Veterans of Unit 8200.

Yea that’s the one i was referring too.

@anon5644329

When an attacker requires physical access to a machine, it is vulnerable.
However when an attacker can litterally walk in and out of your server room, there is a bigger problem at hand!

4 Likes

Someone did some research:

11 Likes

That’s fuckin hilarious,

So I looked at the CNBC article which has been updated and the reporting was still meh. The hilarious part at the end was the amount of people it took to get the meh reporting… it reminds me of a pop song with 300 unique words yet 6 people had to write it.

1 Like

Oh WOW! This is hilarious. Fuck these scumbags, at least nothing negative has happened as a result of their bullshittery. Other than some fake news AMD seem unaffected.

I hope aspects like this get brought to attention more as this goes on. I get that it may not be uncommon for backgrounds to be used but why not just have the studio style white with softbox lighting if you are going to do a cheap interview style video, this is deliberately make them out to be more than they are for some reason, whatever it was it did not work.

2 Likes

I believe this quote carried weight:

As far as we know, general exploit mitigation technologies (stack cookies,
NX stack, ASLR) are not implemented in the PSP environment.

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2018/Jan/12

From back in January

1 Like

Has anyone heard a shred about Linux yet? You would think considering the datacenter implications Linux would also be exploited since that is where EPYC and Zen also live. I am sure there are companies who don’t have a shred of Windows in their network but running Zen shit.

These seem like they’re side-channel attacks. I think they’re OS agnostic.

But you would think a security firm with its salt would at least mention Linux somewhere.

That’s the point, these guys are not worth theirnsalt, that are not worth the gas farted out of mice. They have not tested properly on multiple platforms and have no disclosed in anything resembling a responsible manner.

They are simply out to give AMD a bad name. Who is ultimately behind it is not yet known.

1 Like