AMD Radeon RX 6000 series

Did you make a mistake? I doubt it would have the same as both the 6800 and 6900 cards, unless they are already the same, I actually don’t know .

all the thicc navi boards are the exact same with the exception of the GPU die.

6800, 6800xt, 6900xt all have the same waterblock, for the reference board, that is.

1 Like

Ah okay, well… maybe then, hop so just for the sake of waterblocks, that would be a nice deal for the like of EK not to have to make a bunch of different ones, might even (unlikely) mean they get cheaper by volume.

If the 6800 were not so short on stock, I’d join the raffle thingey, but I just don’t feel right buying that card just to be used as a host GPU when so many people are fighting to get their hands on a single GPU.

I suppose it’s better than it going to a scalper or miner, but still…

1 Like

6700XT
Length: 267 mm / 10.5 inches
Width: 110 mm / 4.3 inches

6800XT
Width: 120 mm / 4.7 inches

6900XT
Width: 120 mm / 4.7 inches

It is less deep, not sure how that effects waterblock compatibility, probably not positively, but hopefully.

All from:

1 Like

That’d change the height of the waterblock, which means you wouldn’t be able to fit it into a multi-block terminal. :frowning:

Well, that even assumes there will be an EK block for that one.

Might need to just wait till stock shows up.

WTB 6800/xt

1 Like

Unless they deliberately keep it tall with dead space to keep it in line?

Holy damn though
6700XT
Base Clock: 2321 MHz
Game Clock: 2424 MHz
Boost Clock: 2581 MHz

6800XT/6900XT
Base Clock: 1825 MHz
Game Clock: 2015 MHz
Boost Clock: 2250 MHz

1 Like

Yeah, I run my 6900xt at 2700mhz during games no problem. I’m on water though.

The silicon on these GPUs is fucking incredible. Too bad the memory can’t keep up though. :frowning:

I really gotta see if I can push the memory a bit harder.

1 Like

I am just impressed teh base clock is higher than the boost on a stock 68/6900XT. My first (“real”) card was a 7870 GHz Edition lol.

1 Like

hah yeah, those clock ratings are wild.

I’m curious if that just proves that the memory is a limitation here.

Or maybe they’re trying really hard to not draw 450w when boosting like crazy.

1 Like

I can run with my memory maxxed out at 2150, fast timings enabled, but I’m not sure how stable it is since I’ve done more benchmarking on this thing than actually playing games, LOL! I just wonder where our ‘ceiling’ is on these cards, since we can’t bump the voltage yet. I wonder what the maximum W you can set is with that 1175v cap. Mine is currently set to 385W, and I’m still using the +15% slider.

2 Likes

Damn :open_mouth:

When I figure out how to bypass the power limit, I can probably go another 200mhz, I’m only at 55c right now lol

I ran cyberpunk for like 8 hours a couple weeks back no problem.

Wow, sounds like the RX 6k series is pretty awesome. If only you could buy one for a reasonable price :thonk:
Anyways it looks very promising for RDNA 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s fairly solid.

I’m disappointed by the availability, but it is what it is.

I must have gotten lucky. I had $1100 down on an EVGA 3080 for weeks, and never heard peep. I switched my money to the Asus TUF 6900XT and had it in 4 days, mainly because it seems like in Canada, Asus is generally more ‘available’, if you can even use that word these days, LOL!

2 Likes

AMD RX 6700XT review roundup at VideoCardZ

Can’t wait to ignore the Verge’s content…

1 Like

Cool!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand nevermind.

1 Like