AMD Radeon RX 6000 series

See, I don’t give a shit about power consumption because I chose the perfect time to move into custom loops lmao

3 Likes

when your loop costs more then people systems

1 Like

Finally just saw the press junket. I am eagerly awaiting benchmarks but looks like my wait for Zen3 is paying off. AM3+ and the Radeon HD 7790 have served me well for 8 years but it is time to lwt go of the past, baring no major Linux hickups.

4 Likes

Ehh, I think my loop came out pretty cheap, considering. I’ll have to go back and look at the full cost.

I’m going to do a post-mortem on the build saga when I finally get the GPUs for it.

INB4 sgtnocardsauce can’t get a GPU for several more months.

7 Likes

Some of your stuff was second hand, convert that to new

Back on topic USBC on back interesting

1 Like

raises hand

there are literally dozens of us!!

12 Likes

DOZENS!

6 Likes

Yeah, those aren’t mobile or server units you know…

1 Like

VR! VR! VR!

Single cable for Audio, Video, USB

2 Likes

Yeah nvidia ditched that tho

They didn’t give it enough time to catch on.

I suspect AMD will be the platform of choice for VR this gen anyways.

1 Like

Nvidia needs to cut console makers a deal if they want to stay on top AMD owning all of them is giving them huge long term advantage imo

Maybe Arm will let them do that now

2 Likes

Yeah, game engines will tailor instructions to AMD and that’ll cause issues with non-amd chip performance.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is why AMD priced the 6800 at 580 USD, It probably can overclock well if AIB’s get their hands on it and increase the power limits.

That’s going to be asking for trouble.

1 Like

Lower the thermals, lower the noise… OC a bit of the memory and be done with it. Although a triple fan reference design is a massive upgrade over the old school blower style fans and what not…
Oh I literally can’t wait for 3th party reviews…

3 weeks? Yep, 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Them implications with the smart access memory with Zen3 and what ever insanity you are ready to unleash on top of linux… this can be sick!