AMD or INTEL?

Core i7 920 D0 @ 4 GHz

Core 2 Duo SU7300 @ 1.3 GHz (notebook)

Might go for AMD desktop processor next round, if there will ever be a SLI-ready AMD platforms by then.

i7 930 @ 4GHz here ;D D0 aswell.

I'll always stay intel.. I just like them more.. Just like I like nvidia more than ati.
Also I don't know crap about how to clock AMD's.. and that's no fun : 3

amd overclocking if you ask me is a fuckton easier than i7 overclocking... or even 775 stuff. ram isnt tied to CPU speed, easy multiplier adjustments... shits just simple

Owning both a core i7 920DO based rig and an AMD Phenom II 955BE based rig, both at 4Ghz, id have to say if you do a lot of video editing Intel is the way forward. for everything else my AMD rig is just as fast

Not tried the new X6 Thubans, but I have been told that they are pretty much even now. Both trade blows with each other quite happily

In fact id go as far as saying I am getting rid of the Intel rig and buying an X6 1055T, as I dont really need the Intel one now

sounds like your made of money. AMD/ATI provide terrific performance for their price, and while Intel and Nvidia have the best products thier sooo overpriced. Also OCing AMD CPUs is way simpler than Intel

I'm saying AMD sucks. I have an AMD rig, it runs great. Technology just sucks. Always has been a few steps behind Intel, always will be. Intel's six core i9 competes handily with AMD's 24 Magny Cours. What the fuck is that shit? The new Intel 990X will clock to 5 GHZ easy mode.

Amd maybe behind but so are their prices but i stick with nvidia cus i find video card is more important

intel costs more and for games and thats all i do it doesnt make that much of a difference

i use high end audio editing for music, VST DXI VSTI and DX driven sound on about 20 layers, and my cpu eats that shit up. theres no need for a huge powered cpu i dont think, at least in my case. I'd be happy with a phenom II x4 or x6 right now.

I use my CPU for high poly modeling, and AMD doesn't even compare.

Well the 5% of the world that does that should buy an intel cpu.
The rest of us can buy a nice cheap AMDÂ cpu.

If that were true, AMD would have more than 20% market share.