AM4 Mini-ITX News and gossip!

We knew that at thread start :wink:

(and that websites info)

1 Like

Had no idea.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

looks like bio board is off the search now

Maybe Biostar is going to update the board, like I said if it had solid caps and wifi onboard then I'd be down for it. AND since its X370 it really should have two M.2 slots otherwise some PCIe lanes are going to waste.

1 Like

looks pretty aight!

Edit: Also there multiple vendors selling it now. Not just in the US but UK and Germany as well but all out of stock. Nothing in the North(Norway Sweeden Finnland Iceland) so far but here is hoping they will get over here by the end of the week :smiley:

2 Likes

So annoying to have to wait for ITX boards to show up. This Biostar one is ok but not great. Its as if there is hardly a market for it?

1 Like

Having played with the X370-GT5 I'm going to say that Biostar's quality has improved drastically, but their UEFI and supporting software is atrocious. I'll bet their ITX board will have a carbon copy of their current UEFI and that alone could be a major turn off for people looking to build a mini power house to overclock to the limits.

Yes! Wich I don't really get. Look at this board release. Out of stock instantly everywhere!

Another reason why I can't take Biostar serious is that they publish their product data sheet as a ".docx" file. :smile:

3 Likes

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Word docs.

While I think you are just messing with me, in case you aren't:

I know some reasons are not as dramatic since you can get LibreOffice & Co. for free, but in my opinion it's just not professional. After all, there is a reason why probably all other motherboard manufacturers use PDFs :wink:

2 Likes

ALRIGHT BOYS AND GALLS! I DID IT!

Finally a retailer here in the north that had the Biostar board for sale. I know its biostar and everything but I think I will go with this as a start and if it does not server me well Ill get a better one down the road.

I will keep you posted if there are any problems that a-ryzen :wink:

2 Likes

Good point. I hadn't thought about just rolling with it for a few months and then swapping it out.

It looks pretty much ok from what I have heard so I might not have to swap it out... but you never know .. asus does make good mobos imo. I have still not got it since the retailer that I bought it from has not received the shipment yet. Hoping it will be coming this week or the next.

1 Like

7 Likes

Same.

May 31st - ASRock is announcing the new AM4 ITX motherboard.

Mid-Juneish - said motherboard releases.

The wait has been long, but once it's here, hue boy will I be excited.

joking It'll arrive just in time where we wait even longer for the next gen of Ryzen to release only a few months later.

1 Like

3:54 for general AM4 boards, 5:00 for ITX (stamped for 5:00)

TL;DR: No date, but X370 and B350 mITX boards from ASRock.

4x SATA, 1x M.2, Intel Gigabit, Intel WiFi, USB Type C, ALC1220 audio, looks like 3+2 power delivery?

I dig it.

EDIT: Nope, it is apparently some form of 8-phase power delivery.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/asrock_announce_their_new_gaming-itx_series_of_am4_motherboards/1

Looks decent, whats the difference between x370 and b350? is a x370 even needed if you are only going to have 1 m.2?

In an ITX form factor? Absolutely nothing noteworthy between X370 and B350.

Theoretically the X370 would allow for more USB 3.0 G1 and SATA ports for the form factor, but in ASRock's application there is no difference. Or SLI, which isn't really a thing for ITX anyways.