AM4 Mini-ITX News and gossip!

Update: NewEgg has some boards now! (and by some I mean a board) They are out of stock atm. But at least they are being listed now.

Listing has been up for a few days now, so guessing it should be close.

For you US of A people yes. We the people here in the east have to wait probably another 2 weeks after you get them :cry:

1 Like

I'm having really mixed feelings on the Biostar board. It's AM4 in an ITX form factor which is awesome, but power delivery specs are a mystery and it looks like Biostar was trying to make it flashy (I mean two RGB headers and not more fan headers? Really?). And the caps are kinda ehh.

I might just be picky though. I hope the other brands don't do anything dumb with their boards.

1 Like

Yes. I feel the same way! I probably wont be buying the Biostar board even though it will be the first one out.
I will be waiting for other brands that I have more experience with.
Unless they are super duper late, then I might consider the Biostar board after some thorough examination of reviews and specs.

One of my concerns is board manufacturers waiting until the APUs are closer to start releasing the SFF motherboards. As far as I can tell the APU's aren't slated to come out until Q3 2017 or later, so if they are waiting then we won't see the really nice boards for at least a few more months.

1 Like

witch I don't really get. Most if not all SFF or MFF builds I have seen have been full systems.
And it seems to me not having at least one ITX board at launch hurts only the manufacturers.

I hope a brand which I trust more will come out with a Mini-ITX board before that. :thinking:

2 Likes

I don't want to keep waiting. :cry:

1 Like

Same man. Same!

Keep strong more are defiantly on the way.

Apparently out of stock instantly.. grrr.

I don't think Biostar even sell here in Australia

Yea same here in Norway. I probably wont be getting a bord until early June /:

I will see if i can find more information on the vrm design on that motherboard.

2 Likes

It's out! and out of stock as well. Seems like the ITX train is just starting to chug along ... slowly

2 Likes

Think I will wait for the Asrock in hope that they will have wifi option and better caps, B350 would be nice, I see no point in X370 ITX..

I was forced to buy some cheaper 3200mhz DDR4 16GB (2x8) memory because the 32GB options were over twice the price, locally I could get 16GB CL16 for 179aud, but as soon as you want 32GB it jumps to $400+++.....

Memory prices have gone apeshit lately so I will ride it out with 16GB until next year, when hopefully people stop being silly. (market crashes because people finally decide not to keep paying absorbent prices). I hear the price hike is due to demand from some market... can't remember.

3 Likes

This is essentially what I am doing. ETA: 2 months. :C

I can't find the other language website (Deutschland or Sweden I think) but it mentioned that ASRock has it coming either June or July. I forget though.

If it wasn't Biostar :wink:

1 Like

There were also MSI and Gigabyte rumors but no eta on either. I am hoping its before the end of the first week in June. Otherwise I will have to travel to another country with a half built system ad buy the board there (where prices are a little crazy when it comes to electronics).

I am really hoping for a mid to late May world wide release. But hey they say I am a dreamer ... but I am not the only one...

1 Like

Same here.

Hey, I found that website: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mainboard-Hardware-154107/News/AMD-Ryzen-AM4-Mini-ITX-Asrock-Gigabyte-Release-1226103/

Google Translated version: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgameshardware.de%2FMainboard-Hardware-154107%2FNews%2FAMD-Ryzen-AM4-Mini-ITX-Asrock-Gigabyte-Release-1226103%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Relevant part through Google Translate:

Asrock and Gigabyte are expected to offer their first mini ITX motherboards for AMD AM4 socket from early summer 2017. Asrock speaks of a market launch in June, Gigabyte of one in July. According to current information is only biostar with a publication in May.