All my Firefox addons stopped working

ITT: Ridiculous tin foil hat conspiracies of software from some of the most respected open source developers in the community
ie;

Brendan Eich - creator of JavaScript and co-founder of the Mozilla project/Foundation/Corporation. CEO and co-creator of the Brave browser along with;

Brian Bondy (amazing, humble guy) who also worked on Firefox and the Khan Academy (non-profit educational organisation).

Yan Zhu interviewed Chelsea Manning at the HOPE (Hackers on Planet Earth) conference in 2018, (W3C/TAG to document web standards around End-to-End Encryption and the Web) Brave Browser, Firefox, Tor Browser, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger etc.

The list goes on and on; there are too many great open source developers working on Firefox to list. They follow the 10 principles of the Mozilla Manifesto - contributing to building a better Internet.

But my add-ons are broken, therefore Firefox is ā€¦ [insert clichĆ©d level1 sheeple response here]

That worked for me. Made the change on mobile.
The about:config really confused me in my other post. I spent 10-15 minutes trying to find it within the settings menu

Later tried copying and pasting about:config in the address bar, which allowed me to change the setting.

figured it out, got it working on regular firefox. All my extensions are back :smiley: Iā€™m going to work on transferring settings and keep waterfox as a backup for when mozilla gets caught doing something actually shady.

On another note, I had this bug was a issue for me on android and windows. Not quite sure what the cause was. Is it possible that I was using those devices last night? Itā€™s weird because my desktop and laptop versions of firefox on Fedora had no issues. Maybe mozilla ran a bug fix overnight?

You likely opted into the ā€œstudiesā€ telemetry on the installs that had it fixed.

1 Like

5 Likes

Still no real patch to fix the issue by normal and correct methodsā€¦

2 Likes

June 10

The patch will be released when the three-letter / six-letter agency decides that the operation has been completed.

1 Like

Jup 48 hours + later, still no official fix. :slight_smile:

This is just insane.

5 Likes

@thevillageidiot is there an android waterfox? coz didnā€™t see a mention on their website and nothing on fdroid

1 Like

Tell it to the people who use Tor Browser where noscript has stopped working.
But letā€™s not go in the direction of tin foil hat ā€¦ no no no. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah thats kinda an issue.
I personally donā€™t use tor.
But i can imagine that there are many people who still do.

woops my merge finger slipped

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: /dev/null

A post was merged into an existing topic: /dev/null

More and more people are starting to use TOR . privacy is a serious concern ā€¦ Especially in the EU now as digital rights seem to become more and more restricted

TOR is too slow for everyday use for privacy purposes. People only really use it if they live in an authoritative regime like China/Turkey/etc or are looking to buy heroin.

1 Like

Itā€™s a ā€œbetaā€ on Google Play. Unfortunately the person publishing the Android Waterfox doesnā€™t really know F-Droid exists. Remember, heā€™s only one person.

Can confirm

There a at least a few more reasons than that.

Yeah! donā€™t forget about Ecstasy, Crack, and everyoneā€™s favourite; Meth!

/s Obvioulsy. Because it needs saying?

I would not of taken it that far :)~