All my Firefox addons stopped working

I am running 66.0.3 on Arch linux.
I updated it today and now i get this message:

Is this a bug or is it a change firefox has made?

5 Likes

It is a known bug affecting all users who aren’t using a dev or ESR snapshot.

Bug can be tracked here:

4 Likes

Currently running the nightly build

I think it’s oddly ironic that as I am currently on 68.0a1 you would think I would be the one having issues and not stable users :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Dev and ESR builds have the ability to disable extension signing. Devs and testers need to test that ability.

According to Mozilla, the ability to disable package signing is bad for normies, so the feature is removed in stable and beta builds.

It seems that Linux generally retains that feature as well, at least in some distros.

Finally… there’s a time component to this issue too. It didnt’ seem to affect everyone at once, but every hour there are new waves of broken browsers.

3 Likes

Seems logical…

1 Like

Still feels really shady to me.

I understand why this issue is happening. I do not understand why anybody thought the phone-home kill-switch was a good design choice.

4 Likes

Mozilla has been doing some shady stuff for awhile now… shrugs.

3 Likes

Yeah.

I’ve been willing to overlook some of that because Google is still a much bigger threat than Mozilla, and because you can’t spit on a tech company without hitting some kind of agenda.

Might be time for me to cut my losses, retool, and ditch Firefox for a privacy-centric fork.

Apparently, this issue affected the Tor browser, too. That’s scary!

1 Like

I have nine minutes to find out if it is time related.

Panic inducing. Also the internet is unbearable without plugins… you know which ones.

Workaround is setting xpinstall.signatures.required to false in about:config.

4 Likes

Seems it is. Do confirm.

mozzila f’d up and didn’t renew an intermediate cert. it’s a known issue.

True but I want this fixed yesterday!

Oh my god… I would have to look at ads…the horror.

panic

5 Likes

I’m not pissed about my lack of adblocker. I can cope (also, Pi Hole!)

My CSS processing add-ons, on the other hand, are hugely important to me. I strip out most styling for a flat, boring, distraction-free interweb.

Now I’m being bombarded with colors and fonts and shit, none of which I want.

mmm nothing broke on windows. Lets close and try again.

Feeling left out? haha

It might depend on the add-on checking time interval. Any idea what it is?

not sure…

I am just running a basic unmodded setup on this. Only thing not shown is ublock.

I am about to wipe this windows build and I do not get carried away on test builds.

I heard someone say it was only 32 bit installations that were effected? My windows 10, Debian, and popOS machines are all fine.