Alien Phoenix game engine. Phoenix USC

The options for PC gaming are changing made possible by webassembly. Checkout this widescreen, screen capture of Phoenix USC running on the Chromium web browser at 60fps at 5760 x 1080 (3K). 4K gaming on a browser is a thing with Phoenix USC. In early access.

Pre-alpha demo out soon.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a news article and official Phoenix USC pre-alpha demo video trailer here on IndieDB.

Why not add a versioning feature that checks if its been updated and prompts for a shift+reload?

2 weeks

Sounds good and something I’ll look into. It may also be an issue with settings within .htaccess for example browser cache. So many hats… :wink:

I would try using the local storage api. Works all the way back to IE8 so you shouldn’t have compatibility issues.

// set
localStorage.setItem('alien_phoenix_v', 1.2.3);

// retrieve
const v = localStorage.getItem('alien_phoenix_v');

// clear
localStorage.removeItem('alien_phoenix_v');
2 Likes

psssttt. Whats the password?

Here is an ’ Emscripten / Webassembly ’ version of a lighted 2D ISO demo I did to test my game engines (Alien Phoenix) mapping system. . It should run well in your web browser (Chrome recommended! Firefox way to slow). Only about 6Mb so give it a try. :slight_smile:

Use arrow keys to move around map. Maximize window. This demo will work best with a decent video card as it’s a lighted demo. It’s an early version with no collision yet but still pretty cool. :slight_smile:

https://www.phoenixusc.com/PUSC/isodemo/Phoenixweb_AP.html

Demo Image:

If you have wanted to see what my game engine Alien Phoenix is about this demo shows off it’s performance and features. This demo also shows off the kind of performance you can expect from webassembly.

Check it out and remember that my Pre-Alpha demo for Phoenix USC comes out this December! :smiley:

2 Likes

Checkout my Phoenix USC website (game portal) made with Monkey2, Alien Phoenix and Emscripten (web assembly). Shown here using a 1080p screen resolution and a 1440p user virtual resolution.

Shooting for a weekend pre-alpha demo launch. :smiley:

http://www.phoenixusc.com

4 Likes

IT’s LIVE! Come play the Phoenix USC Pre-Alpha Demo! Get the details on IndieDB. :smiley:

1 Like

Pre-Alpha demo trailer #2. Available now!

Phoenix USC running in wide-screen native 3K ( 5760 x 1080 ) on Chromium at 60FPS! :open_mouth: Phoenix USC can easily run in a web browser at native 4K, 60FPS. Later version will allow higher resolution support. Pre-alpha demo (1080p) Available now. https://www.phoenixusc.com

Boom! My pre-alpha demo on Chromium in wide-screen on 3 27" 1080p monitors at 60FPS. :smiley: 3K and 4K gaming on a web browser is a thing with Phoenix USC.
3 Likes

Latest IndieDB article for Phoenix USC. Pre-alpha demo now available.

1 Like

Working on a 2d ISO demo for my game engine Alien Phoenix (expanding it’s features). This should run on your web browser at 1080p 60FPS when it’s out. Still early but checkout the images. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you are a coder checkout this indieDB post. 2 more images but also links to the Alien Phoenix game engine (gui only and early, more on the way) and Monkey2 on github.

1 Like

Lets build skyscrapers. Testing Alien Phoenix’s ISO and map editor code. Mmmmm sanboxy. :smiley: This will make building maps for Phoenix USC easy and fun be it ISO or top-down. Checkout this video illustrating the build process.

2 Likes

Mixing ISO styles and testing lighting ;… works good and lighting works well. Hard to believe this is all 2D. Alien Phoenix wants to be awesome. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve enabled two modes (see first two images) for the map editor in Alien Phoenix. Now you can use both ISO and top-down edit modes in the same map at the same time allowing mixed modes in the same map.

Also I have included an image of the early ISO base testing for Phoenix USC. I’m getting the hang of making ISO tiles and early lighting results are good. :slight_smile:

Editor modes.

New ISO base testing for Phoenix USC.

3 Likes