Adobe giving linux love

Still many flash based stuff out in internet world. Plus a few games

woof. I had HBO GO for about 2 months. It was horrid then, and it appears not much has changed. I couldn't pause a movie without restarting it from the beginning if I let my phone display go to sleep while using chromecast. Constant buffering, sometimes the app failed to load content. It is so sad especially since it is supposed to be a premium service. I happily redirected my money elsewhere.

Wasn't there some sort of petition once for Photoshop on Linux and it crashed the website they were using? There was just that many votes. I forgot what website it was now... And that was just for Photoshop alone, if I recall.

Yeah I wish they had more options.

lol I still have this issue. If the content wasn't so much to my liking, I would probably move on to, but the other options are less than legal.

Yeah and this was way back in like 2011 (iirc) , so imagine what the support would be for such a thing now!

I know (according to some sort of user Q&A site I found which Adobe uses) that they said theyre keeping a close eye on the demand for "adobe products" on linux. I suppose we'l just have to see, I think as time goes on it will become more and more viable.

Especially as we're seeing Linux becoming a much more harmonious desktop experience in recent years.

Yeah, frustrating thing they've been saying that for years. Hopefully with Linux becoming more the norm in the standard user desktop realm; also with at least some OEMs are shipping Machines and Laptops with Linux they'll take the plunge.

pfffft,

Adobe should just fuck this off and provide a Creative suite binary and be done with the whole thing.

This is what I was also hoping for.

I guess Flash is a good a place to start as any. I just worry that since hardly anyone uses Flash anymore, Adobe will point at its failure on Linux and say "See! The Linux community doesn't want (or need) CC on Linux." sigh >_<

I don't really care that much if Adobe supports CC, I just want some kind of video editor on Linux. Because there's basically nothing on par with CC. Honestly I'd rather have a FOSS alternative to CC because CC is so pricey, and I don't really like the subscription based model, but whatever...lol

kdenlive?

Adobe is cancer
Flash is AIDS

I hope they both die

Last I heard Kdenlive was not nearly as powerful as Premiere/After Effects. The big thing for me is After Effects. I've not seen any FOSS that can replace that so far. But I'd love for someone to prove me wrong...

1 Like

Adobe should bring there creative products to Linux. If they did that they would get a lot of respect from the industry.

No one wants Flash on windows or linux.

Well its a start, creative cloud by 2025 maybe well more like 2029

its very hard for linux to get a virus because of the way it sandbox apps. there is a reason servers run on linux not ms server.

i don't think he will answer anymore ;) he left us yesterday,