Adobe giving linux love

What just breaks linux is what most here on the forum said already. Too many distributions with too many flavors.

Honestly, the problem isn't the fact that we have too many linux distrobutions.

The problem is that all of the current distrobutions are total shit from a mass consumer standpoint.

Red hat could easily make a mass consumer distro in a matter of weeks.

They could fork the fedora project and let the fedora project take on a full blown stable rolling release model like tumbleweed, and then the consumer OS would basically be a mutant hybrid between opensuse leap and fedora.

Give this new OS all the tools, technologies, and support for non free software that opensuse has, but keep the up to date and stream lined package selection of fedora.

I would also include a real fucking app store and a driver tool just for good measure.

From there red hat can buy the proper licenses for mp3 and mp4 support and toss those in as well.

From there red hat should offer this OS in 3 different flavors. Basic, premium, and pro. Basic version is free with no tech support. Premium is 20 bucks and gets you some personal online tech support for a year. Pro is 60 bucks and gets you some personal tech support for 3 years.

So now all the other companies out there can see that you have a name brand (red hat), stable, upstream, and well supported distro. I feel like this is the platform we would need for companies to feel comfortable working with linux.

Canonical tried this, but they took some crazy pills and went off the deep end.

Opensuse could also turn around and do something like this too although I think red hat has a little bit more recognition in the tech world.

And to wrap this up my point is that for companies to truly support linux, someone has to make a serious linux distro. In other words one more good distro could make up for hundreds of relatively bad ones.

There is a god. let's be honest HTML5 is a thing, but there are some things that are stuck on Flash and in my case it's Hulu.. if it wasn't for Hulu I wouldn't have bother with Chrome.

I don't really care about Flash. What I really want is CC. If I could use Photoshop and Lightroom natively on Linux then I could finally switch over for good.

Well, almost. Still need more gaming support, or at least an easy way to get Windows games to work. Right now, on my laptop all I would need to get running is Dalaran WoW because that's the only game I really play on my laptop. On my desktop though, that's a whole other story.

Yeah, when I clicked on the topic I was hoping to see their flagship software getting Linux support. Why not Adobe? It's about damn time if you ask me. But I guess this is a start as well. Even though Flash is basically dead.

Adobe giving Linux Herpes. Nobody wants those viruses. Go away in a Flash!

1 Like

Yes. This.

And I care why?

I know how Adobe could give linux some love... by letting flash die a painful death and giving linux users the creative cloud!

3 Likes

So I used to think I absolutely needed Lightroom, but I gave Darkroom an honest go at it, and I don't miss Lightroom all that much. Yes it is a bit smoother operation wise, but Darkroom meets my needs and it is free!

Yeaaa, it goes like that for a lot of fields you can usually find something else that can do the same job, it's just sitting down and working out how to use it effectively and knowing it's limits and how to get around them. But also a huge factor in people thinking they need Adobe products (I'm talking about Photoshop, Illustrator, ect) it's because it's what they get taught at school, so they come out and find it scary to use or try anything else.

I've seen too many times someone try a new piece of software and dismiss it because it didn't work exactly how it did in another program, and not sit down and learn why it use a tool in one way or another.

Adobe is runned by trained monkeys on typewriters, can you blame them? (Yes)

There was definitely a bit of a learning curve, but there also was with switching to linux too.

Yeah but that's natural with anything, the ones who tend to find switching the hardest is the ones who keep trying to use Linux as if it was Windows, or OSX. Linux is it's own system and that dose things it's own way.

Bringing Flash back to Linux puts Adobe right back where they were, what like 4 or 5 years ago. Not too bad. What I'm hoping is that this is just a first, easy step for them to take towards Linux compatibility with other applications.

With that in mind, let's try not to be too negative about companies throwing Linux a bone. Positive reinforcement for the win.

This should have been done 5+ years ago lol
So I'm using this gif one more time...

I got a RPM update on fedora for flash today

All I want is for HBO GO to load and I will be 100% with my linux machine

1 Like

if your calling this love,
you must be a sadomasochist hatefucker

just dnf already
/relavant

Is there something special with HBO GO that it will not load in your browser or are you referring to something else?

Now if Adobe would just give us their creative suite on Linux...

2 Likes

Well, the site and menu nonsense loads, (in chrome, firefox, etc.) but does not load the actual video player- which I'm pretty sure is flash.