AdminDev Labs

For reasons I wont discuss here I have taken a vow of silence from the lounge until changes are made. I became too involved with the lounge and I need to step away. I was top poster for 2 months in a row.

7 Likes

More like $10 - $15 per month. I had one. Although it was an R410, which is basically the same thing.

4 Likes

I bought my PowerEdge 1900 tower for $40 off of craigslist.
Dual socket, two quads (roughly 2.6 GHz)
32 GB of ram
and a whole lot of cut outs in the bottom for… I guess mounting and a custom cooling solution of some sort.

I like screwing with it from time to time, I have yet to find any permanent task for it.

3 Likes

It’s a good job ‘serverless’ is the latest buzzword then :smiley:

I have £75 per month of Azure credit I rarely use, not enough to run a VM 24/7 but useful when needing to play with something or host a small database. Let me know if you ever need something for the lab.

2 Likes

Nice, thanks! Mostly just knowledge, insight, experience, skill… :grin: Otherwise I might be set for a while.

2 Likes

You do know I got to be a ‘Senior Cloud Architect’ via;

“lies, bullshit, hand waving, and making-it-somebody-elses-problem”

:wink:

2 Likes

LMAO great! I’m on the right track I see :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

We’ll put the PaaS in your SaaS and get your Infrastructure as Code up and running in your Agile DevSecOps Blockchain A.I. Deep Learning Machine Code.

AdminDev Labs is proudly Buzzword Compliant!

I am going to build out a deployment pipeline as well as build the sites from scratch.

We specialize in #NoCode, #NoOps, and, especially, #NoWork.

I’m going to start a betting pool on how long it takes you to get those sites up. Minimum buy in is 5 BitConnect.

3 Likes

And we’ll take your business to compliance as well.

If the SSD fits :wink:

2 Likes

I have no idea what half of all those fancy words in the intro meant, but I’ll be following this nevertheless. Who knows, I might even learn something. :smile: :thinking:

Will you update your home lab/server rack/man cave updates in this blog as well? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah. Finishing up on the house. My wife is giving me an entire walk in closet for the systems. Going to run Cat6 through the house and put keystone jacks in every room.

Also got 1Gb/1Gb to the prem for joint L1 operations :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I have two T710s and a R710 for some test systems that I pulled from the dumpster at work. They suck some juice.

5 Likes

Super stoked for all of this @AnotherDev! I’ll be sure to check our your podcast, and enjoying this thread as much as possible!

5 Likes

We still have two T410’s in active service at work. :smiley:
But, we have two brand new AMD EPYC Servers being prepped to replace them.

5 Likes

Wow, you should probably marry her.

10 Likes

My wife gives me an entire corner of the living room of our one bedroom apartment. I think she loves me and supports me. Never hear a word when the PCs overflow all over the living room floor.

11 Likes

ryzen avatar

intel machine with intel mouse pad

We got a wolf in sheep’s clothing here bois.

9 Likes

Have had that mousepad since 2010 when Intel released the first gen i7’s. Just so happens I got an old first gen i7 Dell XPS recently. But It’s out of service all ready. My main machines are a R5 2600X, R7 1700X, and R7 2700U. Also only own ATI/AMD GPUs. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m not convinced
show us just how loyal you are to the Ryzen cause… :thinking:

3 Likes

7 Likes