800 dollar build! Not sure about parts. halppp

i hate budget liquid cooling kits. i'd just stick to a cheaper air cooler unless you're going higher end. i honestly steer away from toshiba out of ignorance. so, if you have good news about them you're the brain here. i'd rather a barracuda for like 65$ tho. dont laugh at my typing, i'm just not up to properly typing today. just saving bucks here and there adds up and you can grab something else nice with that small amount of saved $

They make me giggle with mirth.

And I really do happen to like those old K10 series chips, they were really good weren't they? Good to have someone here with personal experience with it.

I know this sounds crazy, but I dont plan on overclocking the cpu at all. I know that it provides a generous performance increase, but im not there to help my friend, since we live hundreds of miles away in different states and he is a noob when it comes to computers and stuff. However, overclocking the GPU is something i can do for my friend. Will that 7870 run games at a playable framerate on 1920x1080 (battlefield 3 is probably the most demanding)? Or will I need to replace it with the 7950? If i had the money, I would definetely go with the 7950 but will the 7870 suffice? And i was also wondering if i should go with an intel route instead: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MuBo. would that build let my friend run battlefield at a playable framerate too? I know I sound like a noob but I dont know too much about AMD parts. Also, if your gonna put in a build, please include everything, including the OS. Optical drive you can leave out. It's just that the 800 dollar budget is set in stone and I can't do anything about. Thanks for all the reccomendations and comments! Gonna use all the info to make a revised comp.

Oh. That is a very important thing to mention. If you aren't planning to overclock, then you definitely need to go with the Phenom II X4 965 or the FX 6300, as they have significantly higher native clock rates, which is a HUGE difference in gameplay. And, yes, a Radeon HD 7870 will play a great many games with respectable settings and framerates at 1080p. The Radeon HD 7950 is obviously going to be better, but the Radeon HD 7870 XT is practically as good as the Radeon HD 7950, for quite a lot less money.

alright thanks! also, would the intel i put together build run faster than an amd with a 965 or a 6300? again, just for gaming

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MvLN

This would likely run faster, actually. But you'll have to deal with a lower overclocking potential for the graphics because it was as cheap as I could find for a Radeon HD 7950. And the stock Intel cooler isn't too bad for a chip that you don't intend on overclocking. If you do, then you can't go very far with that chip, and you'll want to get a different motherboard and a different cooler. Because that motherboard isn't the best suited for overclocking.

this is pretty sweet too! thanks for building all these comps in pcpartpicker. My friend is gonna be extremely happy:D

I'd bump to the K version of the 3570... Even if you don't want to overclock, you might want to do it far in the future. That way, you can get a few more months from the CPU instead of having to buy a new one. 

That isn't a bad option. At that point, though, a motherboard upgrade is probably in order. Along with the aftermarket heatsink.

True. The K version is only a few dollars more, though. Maybe throwing in a Hyper 212 now isn't a bad idea. Hes going to get more life out of it if he eventually overclocks. 

yeah I heard that the z75 chipset wasnt for overclocking but most of the board were cheaper than the z77's.

I actually run a hyper 212 on my 3570. Its the non k version though:( Im trying to get all the neccesary parts in the computer for under the 800 then we can get stuff like coolers a little later down the line. I dont want the cost of a cooler interfering with the cost of the build even though its only 30 bucks.