8/2015- GTX 970 or R9 390?

yeah, that's true. and windows 8 drivers are bad enough I want to slap every fanboy who screamed nvidia drivers are amazing. If you can retract your sale of the Fury they can be unlocked to Fury X's just saying

https://forum.teksyndicate.com/t/amd-fury-others-getting-unlocked-to-x-models/85399

still not understand why so manny people jump the Windows10 boat this quickly.
Its obvious that its full of bugs according to hardware support.

In the realm of the 980 ti it's what impresses me most. And from what I have seen the "unlocking" results vary as much as the silicon lottery itself. At the higher en right now it's really hard for anyone to argue that the 980Ti isn't pretty much top of the heap, especially price/performance. I was somewhat disappointed with the Fury x hence why I didn't buy one. And not to mention all the current issues with the pump, etc. Some people even got crappy units to review lol. It's like hello, if you're sending someone a unit to review it, at least make sure that one is GTG lol......

As for my build I have a Windows 7 disk and key to use, and will probably take the 10 update. It's been good to me so far on the laptop I am on right now. The spy crap is there, but I wonder how many of the people complaining about it use google, gmail, have an adroid phone etc.....lol......

I saw that thread you referenced but you do run the risk of damaging the card. Just buy a 980 Ti and be happy lol.....

I just wanted to see what it had to offer first hand. On this laptop the only issue I have had and still have (no other problems) is the scrolling on the touch pas is not working. But I did not use it much anyways because it's not a finger swipe like my old Mac was.

Can't argue with 980ti being supreme, it's why I have one despite my AMD fanboyism.

Lol, which model in particular do you have and how has it performed?

What games do you play and at what resolution and how's it handling it?

Just curious for some real feedback and not just synthetic benchmarks.

I play everything with DSR, 1080p is silly for it.
Star Citizen 1440p @ 30-40 fps (cpu bottleneck, you should be closer to 40-50 fps with 8 threads)
Witcher 3 1440p Ultra Settings with a rediculously cranked up ini file 40-60 fps
BF4 4k Ultra 60 FPS at all times

Minecraft, the one thing it should shatter
40 fps with lots of driver crashes

1 Like

That is very weird about minecraft wow.

What monitor are you using?

A monitor that I don't reccomend if you get a 980 ti lol
I got it 2 years ago for $130 refurbished
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236307&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

If you were buying new today what direction would you take?

GPU and monitor?

I'd still get a 980ti (forgot to mention it's an msi gaming, would have gone reference if i did it again because still no custom water block D:) and a Korean 1440p monitor, I'm looking at getting a refurbished Shimian

What Logan thinks, granted the video is ancient.

Edit:
Logan still uses the X-star with his main rig and only just recently bumped it from his main monitor for that new 4k korean monitor

Yeah..... i get greeted every power on that i have Win 10 waiting for me lol. I will be waiting to upgrade, for sure. i mean, i have a year, and there aren't any DX12 games out yet anyways. I may do it before the new year, assuming things have changed.

Thanks that korean is my debate for the monitor at the moment, hell of a lot for the $$, i was looking on ebay and the deglassed ones were out of stock.

As for the waterblock, I think it was on overclock.net they have a whole thread just for the galax HOF GPU owners and one of the guys was saying there's a soon to be released water block coming for the HOF 980 Ti. Not sure how that will relate to your MSI because I know the HOF cards have full custom PCB's but maybe that same company makes one for you?

I'm no where near ready to look at water yet lol, still have to get through monitor setup and GPU.... LOL

i would definitely wait yes, DX12 games maybe in 2016.
But i suppose that Windows10 has probably had atleast a service pack by then lol.

About a monitor, i would look for some of the 1440p korean monitors.

Usually they all hit at the same time so it's good news for me.
I didn't think any shimians had glass?

Sorry didn't mean the Shimian meant the 4K Korean the AU399 or whatever the model number is that seller dream seller sells on ebay.

Ah. 4k is nice but a 980 ti would need settings turned down a bit for newer titles just bear that in mind.

Would SLI 970's push this?:

No you would die a horrible lack of vram death trying to push it. If you want to multicard go 390/390x.

Ah I see lmao