6 boots in a row I'm getting this

Mmmm it’s highly unlikely. The cold bug doesn’t exist anymore really.

Lol -10C … that’s pretty damn balmy compared to the mountainous Western US… it was -18C the other week on all hallows Eve.

1 Like

You assume wrong. My ambient temperature when I’m out is the same as the outside, because nothing is heating the room up.
When I get home after work I turn the PC on, the heater on and then it gets warmer. In general I live in very cold environment during the winter.

I just got home and this time it froze up on the windows screen…

God damn it stupid computer, what do you want from me?
Second boot and I’m in…

I missed the past something odd posts. But have you done a fresh install of Windows? Did you ever tie it down to a motherboard problem? If so maybe a reflash of the BIOS. Is there a new BIOS version?

2 Likes

No.

No, but that or the CPU is my best guess…

I dare not… If this thing freezes during before or after a flash of BIOS I am out of motherboards.

1 Like

That is true. What was I thinking?

2 Likes

Unicorns, rainbows, fluffy puppies, big round eyes, happiness, joy…

1 Like

bump the voltage to your ram.

1.375v

1 Like

It’s 1,2 for 4x4GB 2666…

go for 1.35 then

1 Like

I may as well do that… Mkay, the next test is tomorrow…

1 Like

Good catch for the dram voltage 1.2V might be a bit low.

@PhaseLockedLoop i don’t really think that Soc voltage should really have to be higher then 1.10V with S-llc level3 does it?
Asus does not recommend to go higher then 1.20V.
Although AMD themselfs don´t specify a max save Soc voltage i believe?.

1 Like

I have a strange problem with my NVME drive where if my CPU runs too hard/gets too hot, or if the power goes out, I usually have to unplug the NVME drive and plug it back in for the MOBO to see it again

2 Likes

Did you have the hard drive plugged in when you installed Windows

It likes to throw bits bootloader thingies on a separate drive from the one you selected to install on

Which can be bad

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t even want to boot now…
Also I couldn’t find LLC…

I must go to work now… When I get home I’ll open it and clear CMOS…

1 Like

Then I would probably set it at 1.2V to grab stability first.

People should be using offsets to make voltage changes so they do not tank the boost clocks.

2 Likes

I would change one thing at a time just in case things aren’t stable.

2 Likes

Rereading your post. I think you might have a bad power supply unit man.

Don’t bother with LLC settings if you don’t know what you are doing. @Adubs and I came to a consensus it’s not worth risking your board or CPU over. Go test a different power supply

@MisteryAngel we need to amend advice to match the new platforms. Namely I’m still on ryzen first gen. So my advice is dated. I would actually now avoid setting LLC levels unless your manually OCing and Krieger is pretty sound and correct in that other thread. I think from here on forward on the AMD platform … single core boost voltages should be okay in the 1.4 -1.48 volt range. And sustained should be under 1.4 V

A good normal reading:

I’m on Ryzen 1st gen… 1700X…

Its not the power supply. It did the same thing last year with the old power supply. So I bought new power supply. It is most definitely not the power supply.

1 Like

It really can’t be a CPU related issue though. I have no idea how we all got there but this is either power or hard drive related. It could be the mobo since it is a B series chipset but mobos either work or they don’t. So I’m not really sure how we can aid you.

3 Likes