6 boots in a row I'm getting this

Any windows updates recently? Or overclocks? Any unexpected shutdowns?

2 Likes

^ That or the Windows boot manager is borked.

3 Likes

Is the boot drive showing up properly in your bios?

Not really… IDK… Not sure…

BEGONE SATAN… No, not with that motherboard…

Not that I know of…

What do you mean? It booted the 8-th time…

Yup. When I am in BIOS it shows me everything. The NVMe is set as boot drive. When it doesn’t boot it doesn’t even let me go into BIOS. The entire system just burps and nothing responds…

what board?

1 Like

Asrock B350 Pro4…
No post code, no LEDs, nothing…

Maybe try using the other m.2 slot and see if the issue persists.

1 Like

I can’t. The other slot doesn’t support NVMe…

1 Like

Get a beeper.

1 Like

I may find one some time this week, if not next week eventually…

dang. welp, I guess just curse at it loudly and hit the power button until it works.

5 Likes

I had this issue before in the old apartment. I moved the PC on a ceparate power circuit than the rest of the room… It fixed itself that way. I’m in another apartment now… I guess I should drag a cable halfway through the apartment again to try this out…

Yeah I vaguely remember that. you running a heater on the same circuit as the computer again? You should know better by now. :troll:

1 Like

Yeah… The room have only one circuit… It’s not like I have a lot of options…

1 Like

Is CSM activated on the BIOS?
Sometimes i forget to turn it off and it borks my boot sequence

2 Likes

his problem isnt a setting. Its an intermittant fault that I’m betting is caused by low input voltage. We’ve been here before.

1 Like

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/Back-UPS-PRO-BR-1000VA-SineWave-10-Outlets-2-USB-Charging-Ports-AVR-LCD-interface/P-BR1000MS

start saving now.

1 Like

What is that?

I don’t know… I haven’t turn anything on, but the light and it isn’t booting. It was fine for a month or so… And now again…

For UPS?
https://shop.sky.bg/APC-Back-UPS-700VA-230V-AVR-Schuko-Sockets?search=ups&category_id=0
I can buy one tomorrow…
There are even cheaper FSP units…

I dont know if 700VA is enough.