6 boots in a row I'm getting this

Just to boot? Are you kidding?

Compatibility Support Module, its generally activated on ASRock boards, it may (or not) interfere with UEFI ready boot devices

2 Likes

A cheap UPS isnt necessarily going to help you. Also the one you linked is only 390W so its terrible on efficiency.

1 Like

Its beyond the scope of this topic but VA and Watts are very different things with respect to inductive loads like you would have in an AC power system.

I would still try to plug the computer into another circuit and see if it matters this time around.

1 Like

I got that screen a few times.

Suddenly my PC was trying to boot from the pci slot. Check on the BIOS the booting order, select Windoes Boot Something as first and see if it makes a difference.

Can you get into BIOS?

1 Like

When the issue happens - noā€¦

I think I have a setting for that so it switches into the BIOS if it canā€™t find a boot device.
Do you have a different NVME drive around?

Nopeā€¦ Fun fact - I have an NVMe and a spinning rustā€¦

There might be something fucky with the NVMe thenā€¦

Is it properly seated?

Is it on an infinite loop? Is it just random?

Are you in right now or is it still booting on and off?

If thatā€™s it youā€™re in for some trouble, NVMe might get damagedā€¦

1 Like

I think soā€¦

What? I donā€™t understand the questionā€¦

Iā€™m in. It booted right when I started the threadā€¦

Its totally ā€˜randomā€™ though last time it was solved by feeding the machine its own circuit.

I suspect some component is not very fault tolerant here but its hard to point fingers and especially so since he doesnt really have any spare parts to throw at it for testing.

2 Likes

I will try that again. The next few days I will use power from the other room, that have nothing plugged into itā€¦

Itā€™s something elseā€¦ Not the powerā€¦ I tried to boot today using power from the other room. It is most definitely not the power.

I found it, I turned it off and the system didnā€™t even wanted to boot with it offā€¦ It didnā€™t recognize my NVMe. So I turned it back on againā€¦

The drive shows up in bios when the error occurs, right?

Have you tried unplugging the computer from the wall, and hitting the power button a few times and then plugging it in and turning it in again?

2 Likes

When the error occurs I canā€™t get into BIOS. The system is unresponsive and goes directly into the OP screen, no matter how many times I press deleteā€¦

What good will that do?

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t that make this a mobo/bios issue?

Itā€™ll discharge any stored capacitance in the capacitors.

3 Likes

Try to boot from a usb stick with linux live boot.
If that works then itā€™s likely either an issue with your windows install.
Or the bios is bonkers, however then it normaly shouldnā€™t get passed post state.
Another thing you could try is a hard cmos reset with taking out the bios battery.

1 Like

Itā€™s okay, I corrected that for you

2 Likes

The idea of that terrifies meā€¦

Why is it intermittent then? It worked fine up until a few days agoā€¦

I will try that combined with the @Goalkeeper discharge idea tomorrow.

Go away with that antarctic liveformsā€¦

1 Like

Do you really want to spam my issue thread? Ill find you and poop in your nose, so you wonā€™t be able to take it all out and it will stink for the rest of your lifeā€¦

1 Like