6 boots in a row I'm getting this

I have a strange problem with my NVME drive where if my CPU runs too hard/gets too hot, or if the power goes out, I usually have to unplug the NVME drive and plug it back in for the MOBO to see it again

2 Likes

Did you have the hard drive plugged in when you installed Windows

It likes to throw bits bootloader thingies on a separate drive from the one you selected to install on

Which can be bad

1 Like

Well, it doesn’t even want to boot now…
Also I couldn’t find LLC…

I must go to work now… When I get home I’ll open it and clear CMOS…

1 Like

Then I would probably set it at 1.2V to grab stability first.

People should be using offsets to make voltage changes so they do not tank the boost clocks.

2 Likes

I would change one thing at a time just in case things aren’t stable.

2 Likes

Rereading your post. I think you might have a bad power supply unit man.

Don’t bother with LLC settings if you don’t know what you are doing. @Adubs and I came to a consensus it’s not worth risking your board or CPU over. Go test a different power supply

@MisteryAngel we need to amend advice to match the new platforms. Namely I’m still on ryzen first gen. So my advice is dated. I would actually now avoid setting LLC levels unless your manually OCing and Krieger is pretty sound and correct in that other thread. I think from here on forward on the AMD platform … single core boost voltages should be okay in the 1.4 -1.48 volt range. And sustained should be under 1.4 V

A good normal reading:

I’m on Ryzen 1st gen… 1700X…

Its not the power supply. It did the same thing last year with the old power supply. So I bought new power supply. It is most definitely not the power supply.

1 Like

It really can’t be a CPU related issue though. I have no idea how we all got there but this is either power or hard drive related. It could be the mobo since it is a B series chipset but mobos either work or they don’t. So I’m not really sure how we can aid you.

3 Likes

Just throw ideas at me…
The PSU and the NVMe are brand spanking new. My old SSD died, so I got this one… Its a few months old. But the previous time the issue accured was with the old SSD… So I strongly doubt it’s the NVMe…

The problem is in fresh out. It behaves like a power issue. Maybe your cmos battery keeps resetting your cmos but your cmos isn’t resetting so again it’s gotta be a power issue. Idk where

1 Like

got a multimeter?

1 Like

Nope…
After hard resseting CMOS with the jumper and through BIOS just to be sure, It went straight into Windows…
Let’s see what will happen tomorrow. Today it went OK…

I wouldnt hesitate to run 1.35v on the ram just because. Its not uncommon for the higher end kits to run 1.35 on their XMP. This is how my 3600 kit is and a lot of 3200 kits are too. Its perfectly safe for daily use and ram doesnt degrade from overvolting over time like a cpu might. It cant hurt but it might not help.

1 Like

Ram is 4x4 GB 2666MHz… Crucial Elite…

well that board is only guaranteed 2400 on all 4 slots. A little bump wont hurt.

1 Like

I bought that set because it’s in the QVL of the board…

Thats great… but this is what they show for ram layout

if you dont want to set that voltage then fine by me.

1 Like

No no, I will set it later, I am just keeping the conversation going…

Fun fact… @1,35V the system crashed 3 times for 10 minutes. Crashed, as in BSOD crashed. It’s currently set to 1,30V and I will report later on. Going to work now…

have you tried unplugging the NVME drive and plugging it back in yet?

1 Like